B&W Conversions - Methods and myths - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007   #11
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: B&W Conversions - Methods and myths

Fantastic thread ciaran. Keep them coming. You're adding a lot of great resources to the camel.
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #12
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: B&W Conversions - Methods and myths

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaran View Post
I think the focus is different. That thread focuses on how you do the conversions, where as I try to describe the difference between each of the conversions, with examples of before and after pictures, as well as including histograms.

My tutorial was written to disprove the myth that one conversion method was THE BEST above all others. Each one has it's uses, advantages and disadvantages.

I apologised in one of my tutorial posts for the possible duplication of information, but the reason I posted them was because I was asked to by the admin.
Cairan - no need to apologise. This is an excellent tutorial. There may well be other excellent tutorials posted here on the camel, but I don't see this encroaching on any others in any way.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Tutorials »

Share this topic: