PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007   #11
Photocamel Master

Benji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 571490
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Posing The Family of Four

And then Logan alone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Logan.jpg (129.0 KB, 5820 views)
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #12
Photocamel Master

Benji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

By adding the additional images to the family shoot, Mom then has the opportunity to use these images to make an arrangement around the 16 x 20 or 20 x 24 wall portrait of the entire family in smaller sizes.

Benji
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #13
Dromedary

brosig is just really very very nicebrosig is just really very very nicebrosig is just really very very nicebrosig is just really very very nicebrosig is just really very very nicebrosig is just really very very nicebrosig is just really very very nicebrosig is just really very very nicebrosig is just really very very nicebrosig is just really very very nicebrosig is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 46125

As usual, good info and well presented. Thanks, Benji
brosig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #14
Guanaco

bobbyz has a spectacular aura aboutbobbyz has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 120

Thanks a lot Benji. Maybe you should put out more DVDs.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #15
Guanaco

bobbyz has a spectacular aura aboutbobbyz has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 120

Benji - Can you please provide some pointers as to the placement of the lights? For now I am only shooting h/s and 3/4 of single person but need to do family of 4. Placing my main on 45 deg angle put lot more light on the person closer to the main light. So I tried using only 1 light above my camera position. But then it didn't help as some family members were wearing glasses.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #16
Photocamel Master

nldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 181996

Benji

This is not a critilcism.

In the image of the father alone, I see a tree coming from his head. As the light is soft, is this allowed if there is just no way around it? I always thought that was to be avoided at all costs.

This is my curiousity shoowing.

Norm D
Old 11-06-2007   #17
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

Jason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 61045
Editing OK?: Yes

Excellent work Benji!! Thank you so much for this as I have my first family shoot on Saturday

Best,
Jay

SonyAlphaLab.com
Now On Google+

Jason Hermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #18
Camel Breath

jfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 4939

Great thread. I like that each progressive shot shows the minor adjustments when setting up the full family shot.
Old 11-06-2007   #19
Vicuna

rsmall is a splendid one to beholdrsmall is a splendid one to beholdrsmall is a splendid one to beholdrsmall is a splendid one to beholdrsmall is a splendid one to beholdrsmall is a splendid one to beholdrsmall is a splendid one to beholdrsmall is a splendid one to beholdrsmall is a splendid one to beholdrsmall is a splendid one to beholdrsmall is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 4154
Editing OK?: Yes

Great Information, Ben! Thanks so much for all of your teaching and insight. It is very helpful and informative. Sincerely appreciate your efforts.
rsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #20
Photocamel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nldunne View Post
Benji

This is not a critilcism.

In the image of the father alone, I see a tree coming from his head. As the light is soft, is this allowed if there is just no way around it? I always thought that was to be avoided at all costs.

This is my curiousity showing.

Norm D
Norm,

The image was made expressly as to how I pose the father in this series. Had this been for "sale" I first wouldn't use this pose (it is awkward looking without his wife to cover his leg and crotch) and secondly I would be careful about trees etc.

Ben

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Tutorials »

Share this topic: