PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011   #131
Alpaca

Rascal64 is a glorious beacon of lightRascal64 is a glorious beacon of lightRascal64 is a glorious beacon of lightRascal64 is a glorious beacon of lightRascal64 is a glorious beacon of lightRascal64 is a glorious beacon of lightRascal64 is a glorious beacon of lightRascal64 is a glorious beacon of lightRascal64 is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1174
Default Re: Posing The Family of Four

Another great tutorial...thank you!
Rascal64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #132
Vicuna

bnbourizk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbnbourizk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbnbourizk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbnbourizk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbnbourizk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbnbourizk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbnbourizk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbnbourizk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbnbourizk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbnbourizk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbnbourizk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 454400

the end results are fantastic...and seeing them put together is even better
bnbourizk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012   #133
Alpaca

Pbvillam is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10

But how can you put a hyperactive 5 year old in the middle there? cant make my boy stay in one place for long, better nail him on the log or something.... Thanks for the post by the way.
Pbvillam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012   #134
Alpaca

PhotographyFlunky is a glorious beacon of lightPhotographyFlunky is a glorious beacon of lightPhotographyFlunky is a glorious beacon of lightPhotographyFlunky is a glorious beacon of lightPhotographyFlunky is a glorious beacon of lightPhotographyFlunky is a glorious beacon of lightPhotographyFlunky is a glorious beacon of lightPhotographyFlunky is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 934
Editing OK?: Yes

This I love!!! Gorgeous work. I am sure they were thrilled with the results.
PhotographyFlunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012   #135
Vicuna

kerbscustom is on a distinguished road
Editing OK?: Ask first

Hi Benji, thanks for sharing your wisdom and insights. I've got a family shoot on location this weekend and jumped on PC as a quick refresh re poses and lighting. I know your original post is several years old, but good information never goes out of date. Thanks!
kerbscustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012   #136
Alpaca

gospasinger is on a distinguished road

Thanks Benji. Very informative. Did you shoot these using a tripod? Hope that's not a stupid question. I really need this teaching, and yea you are right...when the family is standing before me, I usually forget what to do. I'll be glad when it all begins to come "Natural". Thanks again, wonderful composition as well as exposure, God Bless
gospasinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #137
Photocamel Master

Benji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 571490
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospasinger View Post
Thanks Benji. Very informative. Did you shoot these using a tripod? Hope that's not a stupid question. I really need this teaching, and yea you are right...when the family is standing before me, I usually forget what to do. I'll be glad when it all begins to come "Natural". Thanks again, wonderful composition as well as exposure, God Bless
gospasinger,

I only use a tripod when the shutter speeds are below 1/100th of a second.

The trick to posing a group is to pose one person at a time. I usually start at the center where the most important person(s) of the group will be. This will usually be mom and dad, or granddad and grandma, then work outwards, posing each person individually. After you get the whole group posed then make adjustments, moving people sideways, or boosting them up with thin blocks of wood or thin pieces of a tree trunk (outdoors) or whatever. The trick is to not have any heads the same height especially if they are side by side and EVERYONE at a 45 angle to the camera.

Benji
In the end, people appreciate frankness more than flattery. Prov 28:23
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #138
Alpaca

gospasinger is on a distinguished road

Thanks again, I'll be watching for more tips.
gospasinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #139
Alpaca

krismo227 is just really very very nicekrismo227 is just really very very nicekrismo227 is just really very very nicekrismo227 is just really very very nicekrismo227 is just really very very nicekrismo227 is just really very very nicekrismo227 is just really very very nicekrismo227 is just really very very nicekrismo227 is just really very very nicekrismo227 is just really very very nicekrismo227 is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 60731

Love your posts...informative and simple. Another keeper here. Thank you!

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Tutorials »

Share this topic: