Photoshop for Birds - Cropping - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2014   #11
Llama

CamelKarma: 1028299
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Photoshop for Birds - Cropping

Really nice tutorial Kevin. I always crop first and then move on to processing. One of the reasons why is that the cropped image speeds up the time spent on processing time greatly. I agree with you about the resampling. These is a switch to turn it on and off. I also use PhotoShop Pro but it doesn't vary much. In Irfanview you will find it on the batch processing page as well as on the preferences page. Really great tutorial.
RetCombatVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014   #12
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 8975429
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Photoshop for Birds - Cropping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogstar View Post
Didn't understand why that would happen, so tried it in Photoshop, and it doesn't behave as you say it does in Elements. If I crop in PS then the size changes as it should do. Is there a setting in Elements that you've got set? Maybe someone else with Elements can try for us and get back with their results.
Thanks Kevin. I looked into it a little deeper. As far as I can tell, there is no option to not resample when using the crop tool in PS Elements 11 (perhaps it is one of those things left out in the cheapened version of PS.)

There as an easy work-around: Do the crop using the Rectangular Marquee tool and then the dimensions are reduced just as in the RAW editor.

For me it is pretty much a moot point, since cropping in the RAW editor is usually my first step in PP and I don't see any reason to resample if one does not need to.

Thanks for your fine tutorial and perhaps this will help someone eles using PSE.

Lee

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Tutorials »

Share this topic: