PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2006   #21
Photocamel Master

Benji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 571490
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: The 1-2-3 Posing Technique

Yup!

Benji
In the end, people appreciate frankness more than flattery. Prov 28:23
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #22
Camel Breath

jfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 4939

Quote:
When I use daylight I use a reflector to lighten up the shadows rather than a flash unit.
One big advantage to using a reflector in this situation is that the light will be of a consistant color temp. When you toss strobe in to the mix, you either accept the mixed lighting temp (which isn't always that bad) or use a warming filter on the strobe. The reflector doesn't have to be all that fancy - I've used pieces of white foam core - heck, I even used a white pillow once, as it was the closest thing to grab.
Old 11-28-2006   #23
ybt
Alpaca

ybt is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 11

Benji,

Guess I must be dense or something... What is the difference between 1-2-3 and 1-3-2 (besides the order of the numbers)?

Can you show a 1-2-3 shot vs. a 1-3-2 shot?

Thanks,
Terry
ybt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006   #24
Photocamel Master

Benji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

Terry,

See the next two postings and I will show the differences. The first shows the 1-3-2 and the 1-2-2.

Benji
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-3-2&1-2-2.jpg (97.3 KB, 2534 views)
Old 12-02-2006   #25
Photocamel Master

Terry,

The 1-1-1, the 1-2-2 and the 1-3-2 positions.

Benji
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 111-122-132.jpg (99.5 KB, 2530 views)
Old 12-02-2006   #26
Camel Breath

jfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 4939

Now I get it! Perfect example!
Old 12-02-2006   #27
ybt
Alpaca

ybt is on a distinguished road

Benji,

Got it !! Thank you for the examples.

Terry
ybt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #28
lcf
Alpaca

lcf is on a distinguished road

thanks, great example, well explained
lcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #29
Alpaca

tonypeckman is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 12
Default Re: The 1-3-2 Posing Technique

Finally! From the initial posting by Benji it was "1-3-2" Then the heading of all the replies was "1-2-3". Not sure what happened but I thought there were two different techniques...1-3-2 and 1-2-3, even on the same looking technique. Apparently, there was just some sort of glitch in the "subject" text.
At least it looks like that.
tonypeckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #30
Photocamel Master

Default Re: The 1-3-2 Posing Technique

I'll attempt to explain what happened. The technique needed a name, and someone years ago named it the 1-2-3 technique I guess because it sounded cute, rather like A-B-C sounds cute. And that is where the confusion lies. The name of the technique and the actual order of the pose are different. To make things even more confusing, one could use a pose that the body is in 1, the head in 2 and the eyes in 3, but it looks rather strange! So to prevent confusion (or make it worse!) I renamed the original post the 1-3-2 technique, but all of the responses took their name from the original name (which was 1-2-3.)

Benji

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Tutorials »

Share this topic: