PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
PhotoCamel Directory Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011   #11
Alpaca

litphotography_01 is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10
Default Re: How to Judge Your Own Photographs- An Article

Thank you so much for your time just to enhance our own photographs.

Old 11-25-2011   #12
Alpaca

Sh4x is on a distinguished road

Great, thanks.
Sh4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #13
Alpaca

gkinney is on a distinguished road
Editing OK?: Ask first

Love the discussion... I wrestle with my work every day. Even though I am self taught (I feel that it still shows in all my shots)...
Its hard to look at your own work and say "Yea, that's it".... Its like you are afraid to show other photographers your work because they will zoom right in on something that you completely missed... Like a trash can in the back of a Christmas portrait... Yea I see it, but I doubt the mother that paid me for it does.

But I will keep this guide in the back of my head when looking through my shots.
gkinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #14
Alpaca

Rmacdo is on a distinguished road

Ed, Is there any chance you might release Frank Kristian's thesis?
Rmacdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012   #15
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Vicuna

doreen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordoreen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordoreen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordoreen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordoreen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordoreen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordoreen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordoreen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordoreen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordoreen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armordoreen strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 511276

Thank you so much. I too, as Korman mentioned, am curious as to more details on the breakdowns. I'm new at this, and although I'm reading as much as I can ... I haven't seen anything this concise.
doreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012   #16
Alpaca

luki is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 24

Goos advice, Dave. Thanks!
luki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012   #17
Vicuna

davesnothere11 has a brilliant futuredavesnothere11 has a brilliant futuredavesnothere11 has a brilliant futuredavesnothere11 has a brilliant futuredavesnothere11 has a brilliant futuredavesnothere11 has a brilliant futuredavesnothere11 has a brilliant futuredavesnothere11 has a brilliant futuredavesnothere11 has a brilliant futuredavesnothere11 has a brilliant futuredavesnothere11 has a brilliant future
CamelKarma: 22864
Editing OK?: Yes

Excellent food for thought. Thank you for providing this information.
davesnothere11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012   #18
Alpaca

PhotographyFlunky is a glorious beacon of lightPhotographyFlunky is a glorious beacon of lightPhotographyFlunky is a glorious beacon of lightPhotographyFlunky is a glorious beacon of lightPhotographyFlunky is a glorious beacon of lightPhotographyFlunky is a glorious beacon of lightPhotographyFlunky is a glorious beacon of lightPhotographyFlunky is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 934

I struggle with evaluating my photographs and so appreciate these insights.
Thank you for posting!
Cheers,
m-
PhotographyFlunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012   #19
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

Rense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 6378572

Great article Ed!
I have devised a similar system:
  • Subject matter/Content, 11% weight in the final score
  • Does it speak to me, 51% weight in the final score
  • Production value, 13% weight in the final score
  • Craftmanship, 12% weight in the final score
  • Color&Composition, 13% in the final score
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beoordeling Foto's.jpg (44.1 KB, 151 views)

[5D][50D][20D][G10][EFS 10-22][Sigma 12-24][Sigma 15][EF 17-40][Sigma 20][TSE 24][EF 24-105][Tamron 28-75][EF 28-300][Sigma 30][EF 50;f/1.4][EF 50;f/1.8][MP-E65][EF 70-200 f/4][Sigma 70-200 f/2.8][EF 70-300DO][EF 85 f/1.8][Samyang 85mm f/1.4][EF80-200][EF 100 Macro][Sigma 105][EF 135 f/2.0][EF 135 f/2.8SF][Tamron 180mm macro][EF 200 f/2.8][Bigma][Tamron TC1.4x][580EX][420EX (2x)][M24EX][STE-2][for a complete list, click here http://www.raphoto.nl/Gear/index.html][CPS Europe member]
Rense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #20
Alpaca

Pottie is on a distinguished road

Thank you, I have been a member only a few days and I have learnt such a lot, a pity I have not discovered this site earlier

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Tutorials »

Share this topic: