PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011   #1
Alpaca

MatthewGore is just really niceMatthewGore is just really niceMatthewGore is just really niceMatthewGore is just really niceMatthewGore is just really niceMatthewGore is just really nice
CamelKarma: 625
Default For Beginners: The Basics of Photography

I recently wrote this article for my own blog, since a lot of visitors were asking about books for beginners. This is actually just the first article in a series; I suspect that the next one will be available in another week. You can read it here:

The Three Basics of Photography

Hope that someone here finds this helpful!

As Ever,
J. Matthew Gore

Old 08-18-2011   #2
F1 Camel

blumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorblumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorblumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorblumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorblumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorblumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorblumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorblumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorblumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorblumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorblumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 661924
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: For Beginners: The Basics of Photography

Good start. Lucid, well written.

However be aware that the management of this site would probably prefer you posted the article right here in this forum, rather than referring the readers to another site.
Old 10-17-2011   #3
MNS
Vicuna

MNS has a spectacular aura aboutMNS has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 110

excellent tutorial and illustrations ...Thanx

M S
MNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #4
Alpaca

gpersi will become famous soon enough
CamelKarma: 67

very nice article
gpersi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011   #5
Alpaca

lekir is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 30

thx......
lekir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011   #6
Alpaca

MatthewGore is just really niceMatthewGore is just really niceMatthewGore is just really niceMatthewGore is just really niceMatthewGore is just really niceMatthewGore is just really nice
CamelKarma: 625

Glad some of you are finding it useful I'm making slow progress on the next installment...

- Matthew
MatthewGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #7
Vicuna

mash is a splendid one to beholdmash is a splendid one to beholdmash is a splendid one to beholdmash is a splendid one to beholdmash is a splendid one to beholdmash is a splendid one to beholdmash is a splendid one to beholdmash is a splendid one to beholdmash is a splendid one to beholdmash is a splendid one to beholdmash is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 4578
Editing OK?: Ask first

I simply love the example used to explain SS, ISO and Aperture. Super
mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #8
Alpaca

jayant_singh is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10

thanks friend for sharing such a great article with us...

I also learnt the basic photography rules from Mr. Kishore Mamillapalli who is one of the leading wildlife photographers from South Africa. He used to say that “Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder”. If you like what you see on your camera screen, or through the viewfinder, you will like the photograph.

There are some basic photography rules for composition. Once you know these rules, you can use them, ignore them, or break them. Follow your gut, and you will end up with spectacular, sometimes breathtaking results. Kishore is really an astonishing wild life photographer and has a great eye for details..
jayant_singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011   #9
Alpaca

rockmastermike has a spectacular aura aboutrockmastermike has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 121

as a beginner, this helps sort things out and declutters a alot of the info I am processing.
Thank you
rockmastermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #10
Vicuna

Patzt is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 21

Thank you so much for this link. I will go back and read it again.

Patzt is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Tutorials »

Share this topic: