PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011   #11
Alpaca

Cleveland Steamer is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 33
Default Re: How to Shoot Fireworks Pocket Field Guide

thanks

downloaded now

some stunning pics on here
Cleveland Steamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #12
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Vicuna

corlib is a name known to allcorlib is a name known to allcorlib is a name known to allcorlib is a name known to allcorlib is a name known to allcorlib is a name known to allcorlib is a name known to allcorlib is a name known to allcorlib is a name known to allcorlib is a name known to allcorlib is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 3141
Editing OK?: Ask first

I usually shoot at f/8 to f/11, ISO 200 with a bulb setting and a focal length that lets me get everything that may be in a show. I crop for the burst . I open the shutter when I hear the burst fire and leave the shutter open from 1/2 to 4 sec depending on the amount of light.
The following is at ISO 200, f/8, 27mm and 2.3 sec.
corlib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011   #13
Alpaca

ayardstick has a spectacular aura aboutayardstick has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 104
Editing OK?: Yes

Very impressive work.
I had always wondered how to go about effective shooting fireworks.
Thanks for the info.

Sony Stuff
ayardstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011   #14
✌(◕‿-)✌

_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 6873702

Here's another image from the Princeton fireworks
there's some banding showing due to re size and compression
this is not present in the psd final image.

I wanted to give this one a bit more warmth

* just realized even this srgb profiled image looks different then the version on my screen.
the trees are supposed to show a bit more fill light with green in it there entirely dark
it's supposed to look closer to the 1st image posted in this thread Any ideas?

_Provo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011   #15
Alpaca

G Fain is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 46
Editing OK?: Ask first

I'm late to the party but can I come out and play??

Nikon D700
Nikon D300
Sigma 70-200 f/2.8
Nikon 85 f/1.8
Nikon 35-70 f2.8
Nikon 35 f/1.8
SB800
SB600
G Fain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011   #16
Alpaca

pmntsguy is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10

Just wanted to say thanks for this guide. as a total noob this is a really fantastic resource.
pmntsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #17
Alpaca

Winchdude is on a distinguished road
Editing OK?: No

Great guide. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks.
Winchdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012   #18
Alpaca

michellea76 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the guide, Provo. I have been frustrated in capturing mesmerizing fireworks images; but the photos you guys shared are amazing! I will study this guide and take a few shots when I get the chance.
michellea76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012   #19
✌(◕‿-)✌

_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

I forgot I had wiped my flickr account and the initial image was removed
so here it is again. I asked an admin if they can make the correction

_Provo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012   #20
✌(◕‿-)✌

That special time is coming up again folks get those cameras ready for in celebration of
our great nations Independence festivities fireworks season is coming up.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Tutorials »

Share this topic: