PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Transportation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2007   #41
Vicuna

robertc is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 36
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Show us your train shots

I've always wanted to go up there and ride that train, and circumstances never worked out. Always heard it was a beautiful trip. Nice shot.
Thanks for sharing,
Bob
robertc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007   #42
Vicuna

Here's another of an old train

Old 04-14-2007   #43
Lubbock, Tx.

Mark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 167669

How about a train gettin' blown up?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg railyard attack.jpg (75.0 KB, 419 views)
Old 04-14-2007   #44
Vicuna

Pretty cool. If you made all of that from scratch - then you are way, waaaaaaay above my skill set. I like it a lot.
Old 04-14-2007   #45
Lubbock, Tx.

Mark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMark McCall strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

Thanks Robert,
All of the individual shots are real,...train, steel buildings, ground, sky, jeeps, and explosion.
I compiled them into a collage for a story telling effect.
Everything is real except the plane...it's a plastic model I bought from WalMart, hung from a ladder in my backyard with fishing line.
Old 04-14-2007   #46
MVB
Guanaco

MVB is a jewel in the roughMVB is a jewel in the roughMVB is a jewel in the roughMVB is a jewel in the rough
CamelKarma: 303

1880 train in Hill City SD.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sized_P6290048.JPG (91.9 KB, 410 views)
MVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007   #47
Vicuna

Hi Mark -
Where is the train? How long did the collaging take?
Bob
Old 04-14-2007   #48
Lubbock, Tx.

The train is at the Raching Heritage Center Museum on the campus of Texas Tech.
The ground is from another area of the outdoor museum. Steel buildings are about 2 miles away at a depressed area of downtown Lubbock.
Jeeps are from the Museum of the South Pacific in Fredricksburg, Tx.
Explosion is from an airshow in Midland, Tx. Sky was shot locally.

I'm guessing I have about 15-18 hours in this one.

There is a way for PS to track the amount of time you spend on a project, but for the life of me, I can't remember if it's a plug in, or built in.
Old 04-15-2007   #49
Vicuna

Thanks Mark -
I never like to let good work go unrecognized.
Old 04-16-2007   #50
Llama

WayneM has a spectacular aura aboutWayneM has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 151

It is a dice collage, however If I recall correctly the quonset hut style of building was a 1940's American invention (By the USN seabees) to solve the need for a temporary structure which could be quickly built and moved if necessary.

WayneM

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Transportation »

Share this topic: