PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
PhotoCamel Directory Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Transportation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009   #101
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Dromedary

Mr P has much to be proud ofMr P has much to be proud ofMr P has much to be proud ofMr P has much to be proud ofMr P has much to be proud ofMr P has much to be proud ofMr P has much to be proud ofMr P has much to be proud ofMr P has much to be proud ofMr P has much to be proud ofMr P has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 9821
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Show us your train shots

Beyer Peacock 2-2-2, 1862, in Santarém railway museum. It was a pity that the background got so blown out due to harsh light in the museum.

Simplicity itself. The loco is in an earlier post :
Beyer Peacock 2-2-2, 1862

Mr P

__________________________________________________ ___________________________
I welcome all critique and suggestions. That's why I post images.
I do not seek praise. That's NOT why I post images. (Just send money )
[Canon 30D, 1DmkIII][10 Canon lenses: EF-S, EF, L, from 10-22 to 100-400][sundry accessories, gadgets and paraphernalia]
Mr P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #102
Dromedary

Mr P has much to be proud ofMr P has much to be proud ofMr P has much to be proud ofMr P has much to be proud ofMr P has much to be proud ofMr P has much to be proud ofMr P has much to be proud ofMr P has much to be proud ofMr P has much to be proud ofMr P has much to be proud ofMr P has much to be proud of

Henschel Nº 19887, 1924, Santarém Railway Museum.

Stephenson link motion

Not as simple as the Beyer Peacock.

Iberian gauge, being wider than standard gauge, gives more room. The window is set into a door - there is one on each side of the firebox.

Mr P
[Canon 30D, 1DmkIII][10 Canon lenses: EF-S, EF, L, from 10-22 to 100-400][sundry accessories, gadgets and paraphernalia]
Old 07-07-2009   #103
Photocamel Master

nldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 181996

I agree that the glare did not help, but very good images otherwise.
Old 07-07-2009   #104
Dromedary

Quote:
Originally Posted by nldunne View Post
I agree that the glare did not help, but very good images otherwise.
Thanks.
I'm totally frustrated by that glare. Harsh light is just about the norm, here.

Mr P
Old 07-07-2009   #105
Photocamel Master

nldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armornldunne strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 181996

Depending on the time of day and year, and type of weather, could these images be done on a softer lit day to help cut down on the glare?
Old 07-07-2009   #106
Dromedary

Quote:
Originally Posted by nldunne View Post
Depending on the time of day and year, and type of weather, could these images be done on a softer lit day to help cut down on the glare?
I doubt it - few days have soft light.
The museum is in the old engine-shed. Its windows face south. The interior is painted (dirty)white and do have muslin(?) curtains. The old Beyer Peacock stands hard against that south wall so it's impossible to take from the lefthand side as I could with the Henschel. The light is patchy - bright daylight in one spot, dim electric lights in another. A real difficult setup. You can see on the shot of the Henschel wheels.

I think the only way is to fiddle with the white balance and take several thus bracketed shots in the hope of getting a decent one. However, I dare not turn up again with my camera for a third time as the lady on the door said a lot of rapid Portuguese to me the last time. As far as I understood the gist, she accused me of being from a magazine in which case I needed special permission. That's the problem if you turn up with more than a simple point-and-shoot.

Mr P
Old 07-07-2009   #107
Photocamel Master

Benji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 563399
Editing OK?: No

My contribution and some of my favorite locomotives. These were on my 2009 steam locomotive calendar.

Benji
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 765.jpg (149.1 KB, 265 views)
File Type: jpg 1293.jpg (131.1 KB, 266 views)
File Type: jpg Flagg-75.jpg (158.3 KB, 267 views)
File Type: jpg Oregon-LMBR.jpg (126.8 KB, 265 views)
In the end, people appreciate frankness more than flattery. Prov 28:23
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #108
Dromedary

Does anyone have an answer as to why American, French, German, Swiss (and almost every country's) loco builders showed all the underwear and hung everything on the outside while the Brits built locos with lean clean lines?

Mr P
Old 07-07-2009   #109
Dromedary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji View Post
My contribution and some of my favorite locomotives. These were on my 2009 steam locomotive calendar.
Benji
What sort of drive does Nº 7 have?

Mr P
Old 07-07-2009   #110
Dromedary

ront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 12422
Editing OK?: Yes

Here are a few more.

Ron

http://ront.smugmug.com/

Sony A700; Sony f36A & Sony F42A; KM 28-75; Sony 100 macro; Sony 18-250; Tamron 70-300; Tamron 200-500mm; Minolta 50 f1.7, Canon s90
ront is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Transportation »

Share this topic: