location GIS, Meetings, Partners, safety
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2017   #1
Llama

CamelKarma: 1012912
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default location GIS, Meetings, Partners, safety

I am not sure if this plug in is available for the software that Photocamel is run on but I have seen it on others.

The plug in will display other user names on a map and the location is pulled from the profile page. If you are looking for a shooting partner for reasons of safety or other then you simply find geographically a list of others near you and send a private message to inquire if they are interested. much better than to try to find someone within a region or state perhaps.

What we have now and it is better than nothing, unless I am mistaken is a very large list of user entries of places with no logic to it. ie, camel meeting and camel groups. success relies on others looking for the same thing at the same time whereas this is more proactive.

Just an idea...

Old 12-28-2017   #2
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1543000
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: location GIS, Meetings, Partners, safety

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: