Flower sub-forum?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2017   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6710797
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Flower sub-forum?

I am hoping that the mods might give some consideration to a separate forum for posting Flower images. The current Nature&Wildlife forum could be retained for wildlife, insects, reptiles, etc and then the flower postings would not be mixed in with them There are a number of other forums that do this - break flowers out as a separate sub-forum.

I use as an example, the Infrared forum that I advocated for and note that it has been well received and well used.

WesternGuy

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/westernguy/
WesternGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 41830027
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Flower sub-forum?

This had been proposed before but most of the Camels thought it was not necessary. However, there is a subforum for flowers in the "Camel Groups" forum which is not used at all. So I don't think a separate forum for flowers will be used much.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6710797
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Flower sub-forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
This had been proposed before but most of the Camels thought it was not necessary. However, there is a subforum for flowers in the "Camel Groups" forum which is not used at all. So I don't think a separate forum for flowers will be used much.
If it isn't used at all, then I would wonder how many people know about it. I certainly did not until now. The reason I am suggesting a separate "Flower" forum is that it just seems unfortunate to lump the flower images in a Nature & Wildlife forum. Right now, if I want to see flower images, I have to search through the W&N forum. I guess I don't understand what the problem is with splitting out the flowers from the animals and insects.

Gautam, I just checked out the "flowers" in the Camel Groups and it would appear that one of the reasons that it is not being used that much may be related not only to the fact that no too many folks know about it, but it would appear that there is, for some reason, a rather difficult way to actually get flower images into the Camel Groups.

I would submit that if there was a forum around for Flowers by themselves, this would make it a lot easier to upload images to it and it would get a lot more use than the "group" one does at present.

I, for one, would make a lot more use of a separate flower sub-forum than I do of the current W&N simply because my flower images would be lost among the non-flower ones.

I would remind you that I was the one who initially advocated for an Infrared sub-forum and, in my opinion, it has been quite successful.

WesternGuy

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/westernguy/
WesternGuy is online now   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: