Photo Opportunity - The Great Total Solar Eclipse of 2017.
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 599379
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Photo Opportunity - The Great Total Solar Eclipse of 2017.

Photo Opportunity - The Great Total Solar Eclipse of 2017.

The great total solar eclipse of 2017 occurs on August 21, 2017. The Moon's umbral shadow (the path of totality) will cut a swath across the USA from Lincoln City, Oregon to Charleston, South Carolina. North and south of that swath the eclipse will be visible as a partial eclipse in varying degrees of coverage. Check the maps for coverage in your area.

Here is a link to a NASA site that has all the information one might need about the eclipse in the form of maps, posters, fact sheets and other miscellany.

»eclipse2017.nasa.gov/dow ··· oadables

ECLIPSE SAFETY: There's lots of information available out there on viewing and photographing the eclipse safely. Please take the time to research this and let common sense prevail.

Ralph.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 33121
Default Re: Photo Opportunity - The Great Total Solar Eclipse of 2017.

Good source with tons of information Ralph.

“Light makes photography. Embrace the light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography.” ---George Eastman
Naturalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
Guanaco

Wish I could have travelled south to see the eclipse in totality, but all my vacation time has been used up. Oh well.....

In Winnipeg we will have about 75% coverage of the Sun so I will have to be content with that.
rcroning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
Llama

CamelKarma: 33121

I wish I still lived in Ashland, Missouri (mid-way between Jefferson City and Columbia) as the path will go directly overhead there.

“Light makes photography. Embrace the light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography.” ---George Eastman
Naturalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1396242
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcroning View Post
Wish I could have travelled south to see the eclipse in totality, but all my vacation time has been used up. Oh well.....

In Winnipeg we will have about 75% coverage of the Sun so I will have to be content with that.
I have never seen a total solar eclipse, nor do I expect to attend this one; but from the reports I have received, the difference between totality and a partial eclipse is - um - night and day.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6
Guanaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturalist View Post
I wish I still lived in Ashland, Missouri (mid-way between Jefferson City and Columbia) as the path will go directly overhead there.
No reason why you can't travel to see it. You are probably a lot closer to the path of totality than I am, way up here in Winnipeg.
rcroning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7
Guanaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel1728 View Post
I have never seen a total solar eclipse, nor do I expect to attend this one; but from the reports I have received, the difference between totality and a partial eclipse is - um - night and day.
HAH!!! It surely is!!!

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: