Forum problems
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2017   #1
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 8975429
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Forum problems

Lately I have encountered weird problems using PC: There is a delay before my posts or replies appear. Also, I am no longer am receiving email updates to threads I am subscribed to.

Since no one else is complaining, suspect it is something on my end, but really haven't made any changes. Using Firefox.

Any ideas? Thanks, Lee.

Old 05-31-2017   #2
JJu
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 3310123
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Forum problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLeeT View Post
Lately I have encountered weird problems using PC: There is a delay before my posts or replies appear. Also, I am no longer am receiving email updates to threads I am subscribed to.

Since no one else is complaining, suspect it is something on my end, but really haven't made any changes. Using Firefox.

Any ideas? Thanks, Lee.
No, it is not just you. I've been having the same issue for some weeks now. Have no idea what's causing it, though.
Old 05-31-2017   #3
Photocamel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJu View Post
No, it is not just you. I've been having the same issue for some weeks now. Have no idea what's causing it, though.
Thanks for answering. I'm surprised more haven't commented.
DLeeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6964085

Have not seen a delay on the posts appearing. So you make a new post and it doesn't show in the forum or in the new posts list? How long does it take to show?

Didn't know the email notification was broke till now. Anyone else not getting any?

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017   #5
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 11657505

There might be a problem with folks being auto-signed out and unable to log back on.

Not long ago, a friend wrote a post on a tab I had open when I was in another room. As soon as I saw what it said, I deleted the content. Later on I wondered if messing with the format was frowned upon because recently I found I was logged out of the forum. When I would try to log back in I would see the Welcome Message then would instantly cycle back to the log-in prompt again and again. I didn't know what to think or do about it because I was unable to access my membership account and even wondered if I was still on the member roster.

A couple of days ago I tried again to log in. After several attempts, I was finally able to connect and stay logged in. I noticed there were "No new messages since your last visit". I figured it was a manifestation of the glitch and I'm A-okay now but I wonder if others aren't able to log in because now there are so few new posts listed between visits.

My last e-mail notification came 5/28, but I have no way of knowing if that's a problem or just lack of Thread Subscriptions.

My browser is FireFox and I'm on home PC.

Hoping these might be clues so Mr Pickles can identify a problem area if it's with the Camel automation.

So Cal Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017   #6
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 23500997

I have been having similar issues for a time also, and I use FireFox. My post to threads don't show up till later and threads are not updated when I do post.

Entered the DSLR world in 2009
Nikon D7000, Nikon D5000 - Nikkor 18-55 f3.5 - 5.6 G VR , Tamron 90mm, Nikkor AF-SDX 18-300mm, Nikkor 105mm, Sigma 150-500mm
Photoshop CS5
I enjoy taking local classes/photo shoots...always willing to listen and learn.
Taigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017   #7
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 53537240

Same problem here. Safari user.

Chuck
fatoldbaldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017   #8
Photocamel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
Have not seen a delay on the posts appearing. So you make a new post and it doesn't show in the forum or in the new posts list? How long does it take to show?

Didn't know the email notification was broke till now. Anyone else not getting any?
Looks like a few others are having similar problems. The post or replies take a few minutes to show up. I would suspect the problem was on my end, except for the email notification not working (gmail) - that should be independent of browser or whatever? Strange.
DLeeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017   #9
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466

Sadly this is probably the wave of the future. The Camel since being sold has gone down hill. It's use has dropped off dramatically. The owner(s) seem not to really care about the Camel. It would not surprise me in the least to try to connect only to find the domain name up for sale. It's sad.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017   #10
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6964085

Not sure your post helps.

Idiot Savant AND trouble-maker...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: