PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Still Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012   #1
F1 Camel

KateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 159563
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Breakfast is Served

I am trying my hand at still life work and it doesn't come easily but I am hooked. Its a wonderful way to spend those cold winter days indoors.

KateMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #2
Bactrian

M. Worthington is a glorious beacon of lightM. Worthington is a glorious beacon of lightM. Worthington is a glorious beacon of lightM. Worthington is a glorious beacon of lightM. Worthington is a glorious beacon of lightM. Worthington is a glorious beacon of lightM. Worthington is a glorious beacon of lightM. Worthington is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1033
Default Re: Breakfast is Served

Perfection.
M. Worthington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

Kellycat strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKellycat strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKellycat strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKellycat strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKellycat strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKellycat strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKellycat strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKellycat strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKellycat strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKellycat strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKellycat strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 3480193

Nicely done Kate!
Old 01-22-2012   #4
F1 Camel

KateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKateMorgan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

Oh my.. I am flattered folks... Thanks for commenting!
Old 01-22-2012   #5
Camel Breath

Mira strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMira strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMira strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMira strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMira strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMira strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMira strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMira strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMira strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMira strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMira strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 937083
Editing OK?: Ask first

Very well done Kate! My only nit is the shadow of the spoon. I find that a tad distracting. Very good job on the exposure!!

BTW...My real name is Dori!

http://photocamel.com/forum/pets/
Mira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #6
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira View Post
Very well done Kate! My only nit is the shadow of the spoon. I find that a tad distracting. Very good job on the exposure!!
Thanks Mira... I was wondering if the spoon was too much... but the shadow.. yes.. I hadn't noticed it before. I would like to do an egg series as they are quite the challenge to shoot...and they keep rolling around .. . I could select the shadow and lighten it up and repost.
Old 01-22-2012   #7
Guanaco

Ken Masterson has much to be proud ofKen Masterson has much to be proud ofKen Masterson has much to be proud ofKen Masterson has much to be proud ofKen Masterson has much to be proud ofKen Masterson has much to be proud ofKen Masterson has much to be proud ofKen Masterson has much to be proud ofKen Masterson has much to be proud ofKen Masterson has much to be proud ofKen Masterson has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 7345

White on white - Nice!
Ken Masterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012   #8
Dromedary

Mindfloodz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMindfloodz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMindfloodz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMindfloodz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMindfloodz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMindfloodz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMindfloodz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMindfloodz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMindfloodz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMindfloodz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMindfloodz strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1469757

I think it looks superb!! The white on white is great! You should hang that in your kitchen!! It is so modern, the lines are cleans, the reflection looks awesome. i love it.. i could see this in a campaign, "The Incredible Edible Egg"
Canon T1i, Canon 50mm F/1.8, Canon EFS 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS, Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 DiII XR LD Aspherical (IF), Canon 430EX II Speedlite, Canon ST-E2 Transmitter, Gray Fong Lightsphere (half-cloud and cloud), 2 - 20" 500w Westcott Softboxes with 7ft lightstands to match. Quantaray Titan Tripod, Vello Wired Remote Shutter Release. Photshop CS5, Nik Tools Suite, Topaz Labs Suite, Alien Skin Software Suite, Onone Tools Suite 6, Imagenomics Portraiture, Photomatix Pro
Mindfloodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #9
Camel Breath

Rense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 6979310

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateMorgan View Post
Thanks Mira... I was wondering if the spoon was too much... but the shadow.. yes.. I hadn't noticed it before. I would like to do an egg series as they are quite the challenge to shoot...and they keep rolling around .. . I could select the shadow and lighten it up and repost.
Yes that was the first thing that bothered me.
As for the eggs, you can stop them from rolling by putting a bit salt on the table. Put the egg in the salt et voila no more rolling.

[5D][50D][20D][G10][EFS 10-22][Sigma 12-24][Sigma 15][EF 17-40][Sigma 20][TSE 24][EF 24-105][Tamron 28-75][EF 28-300][Sigma 30][EF 50;f/1.4][EF 50;f/1.8][MP-E65][EF 70-200 f/4][Sigma 70-200 f/2.8][EF 70-300DO][EF 85 f/1.8][Samyang 85mm f/1.4][EF80-200][EF 100 Macro][Sigma 105][EF 135 f/2.0][EF 135 f/2.8SF][Tamron 180mm macro][EF 200 f/2.8][Bigma][Tamron TC1.4x][580EX][420EX (2x)][M24EX][STE-2][for a complete list, click here http://www.raphoto.nl/Gear/index.html][CPS Europe member]
Rense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #10
Photocamel Master

Brooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBrooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBrooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBrooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBrooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBrooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBrooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBrooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBrooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBrooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBrooks strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 2530074

Very nice, Kate. I don't mind the shadow under the spoon at all. The top surface of the spoon is pretty nasty either because of scratches in the spoon itself or reflections of a dark area around your set. These type of shots need pristine props.

Every single camera and all of the lenses that I've ever owned.
Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Still Life »

Share this topic: