PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Sports & Action

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012   #1
Vicuna

BlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 693469
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Barrel Racing Shots

It's always hard to get good shots under a arena top on sunny days.

Old 12-06-2012   #2
Llama

S_Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorS_Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorS_Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorS_Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorS_Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorS_Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorS_Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorS_Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorS_Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorS_Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorS_Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1062053
Default Re: Barrel Racing Shots

Nice work BlueMax, looks like you have shooting "under a arena top on sunny days" dialed in very good.

S_Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #3
Camel Breath

swampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1241609
Editing OK?: Ask first

Very nice. First one is my favorite; however, I wonder how a horizontal crop would look (same vertical height, but wider to give more room)?
Old 12-07-2012   #4
Photocamel Master

Ed Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEd Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEd Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEd Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEd Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEd Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEd Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEd Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEd Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEd Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorEd Porter strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 3648371

Nice shots! You handled a very tough situation well! Job well done!
These girls are intense! The athleticism is apparent too!

Ed
Ed Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #5
F1 Camel

ksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorksgal strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 6948571

Very good shots!
ksgal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #6
Bactrian

MavRyder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMavRyder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMavRyder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMavRyder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMavRyder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMavRyder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMavRyder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMavRyder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMavRyder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMavRyder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMavRyder strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 3029228

Those are great! I love the expressions you captured both on horse and girl.
MavRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #7
Vicuna

BlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBlueMax strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampler View Post
Very nice. First one is my favorite; however, I wonder how a horizontal crop would look (same vertical height, but wider to give more room)?
Here you go cropped wider I like the tighter shot you can see the detail of the horse better my 2 cents. The background is so blown out.
BlueMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #8
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavRyder View Post
Those are great! I love the expressions you captured both on horse and girl.
Thank You
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksgal View Post
Very good shots!
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Porter View Post
Nice shots! You handled a very tough situation well! Job well done!
These girls are intense! The athleticism is apparent too!

Ed
Thanks !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Porter View Post
Nice work BlueMax, looks like you have shooting "under a arena top on sunny days" dialed in very good.
Thank you !! I just hate the background blown out so.
BlueMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #9
Camel Breath

swampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorswampler strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1241609
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMax View Post

Here you go cropped wider I like the tighter shot you can see the detail of the horse better my 2 cents. The background is so blown out.
I d/l this one and played around with it. To get what I envisioned, you'd have to go to a square crop, so I think your original post was best. Thanks for posting the 2nd, so I could have a play with it.
Old 12-09-2012   #10
Vicuna

Boudroux strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBoudroux strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBoudroux strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBoudroux strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBoudroux strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBoudroux strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBoudroux strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBoudroux strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBoudroux strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBoudroux strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBoudroux strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 100448

I love this type of action! It is power and grace together. I'm digging the lady in number 4, to bad the horse wasn't captured as intense as the rider. The first one is my fav. Cool shots.

Sony A55
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tbhcorp/
Boudroux is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Sports & Action »

Share this topic: