Tripod recommendation
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Sony

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2018   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 487620
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Tripod recommendation

What's a good tripod for the A6000 without having to take out a second mortgage?
Going to be repositioning a ship from Memphis to Florida and I want something that will hold the camera and 55-210 Zoom lens for those sunrises and sunsets.

Thanks for the help.

heaterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 43379189
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Tripod recommendation

I had one similar to this, (not the same brand) but misplaced it. It held my D750 with a 50-500 mm Sigma lens with no problems. If it doesn't show up soon, I plan to replace it with the same type. I liked the light weight & compact size for hiking and it was sturdy enough to hold this rather heavy camera/lens combo.
https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-centim...+Camera+Tripod
Old 01-28-2018   #3
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro70z28 View Post
I had one similar to this, (not the same brand) but misplaced it. It held my D750 with a 50-500 mm Sigma lens with no problems. If it doesn't show up soon, I plan to replace it with the same type. I liked the light weight & compact size for hiking and it was sturdy enough to hold this rather heavy camera/lens combo.
https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-centim...+Camera+Tripod
Thanks Gary, I'll certainly take it under consideration.
Old 01-28-2018   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 43379189

I just remembered, this is the one I had before. https://www.amazon.com/MeFOTO-Classi...s=mephoto&th=1
Old 01-28-2018   #5
F1 Camel

Thanks again Gary.
Old 01-28-2018   #6
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6967624

I have a MeFoto Classic Roadtrip that is a fine piece of equipment. They have an aluminum or carbon fiber model. Ballhead is included and pretty good. Holds 17 pounds but weighs under 4 and it packs down quit small and has a carry bag too. If you need a monopod, it can be that too by taking off one leg and using it. The aluminum one is $200. Not as cheap as some low cost ones, but I think it is built and a really good value.

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018   #7
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
I have a MeFoto Classic Roadtrip that is a fine piece of equipment. They have an aluminum or carbon fiber model. Ballhead is included and pretty good. Holds 17 pounds but weighs under 4 and it packs down quit small and has a carry bag too. If you need a monopod, it can be that too by taking off one leg and using it. The aluminum one is $200. Not as cheap as some low cost ones, but I think it is built and a really good value.
Thanks sir! I'll look into it. It's at the top of what I want to spend but I'm open to it.
Old 01-29-2018   #8
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1543000

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaterguy View Post
What's a good tripod for the A6000 without having to take out a second mortgage?
Going to be repositioning a ship from Memphis to Florida and I want something that will hold the camera and 55-210 Zoom lens for those sunrises and sunsets.

Thanks for the help.
I have been using this one for well over a year now, I use it with both swivel/gimbal, and ballhead and it is very stable even with a 7D and the big Sigma 150-600 lens on it. Very versatile. Aluminum and not heavy at all. Giotto Pro series 9314 (Silk road YTL 9314)

Giotto Pro series 9314
Didereaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018   #9
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didereaux View Post
I have been using this one for well over a year now, I use it with both swivel/gimbal, and ballhead and it is very stable even with a 7D and the big Sigma 15-600 lens on it. Very versatile. Aluminum and not heavy at all. Giotto Pro series 9314 (Silk road YTL 9314)

Giotto Pro series 9314
Thank you sir!

heaterguy is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Sony »

Share this topic: