Travel/Second Camera - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Sony

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014   #11
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 465629
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Travel/Second Camera

Do you need the fastest AF ? To bad that Sony is not concentrating on the lenses. In my opinion the have a weak line up. Zeis is a nice option for the NEX system.

I did read some where that the dropped the old menu system en implemented a new menu system. That is a big plus. The old menu system was very hard to find the right options. Hope they improved it.

Personally I choose the Fuji X series. Not the fastest AF. But create IQ and nice line up of lenses. Really like the 35mm and just bought the 18-55 from Fuji and this one is very nice. It is going to replace the 18mm and 60mm
Old 02-13-2014   #12
Llama

CamelKarma: 276607

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOSfotografie.nl View Post
To bad that Sony is not concentrating on the lenses. In my opinion the have a weak line up. Zeis is a nice option for the NEX system.
Yeah, put the LE-EA4 on a NEX and you've got no shortage of auto-focusing lenses.

Plus, if your willing to manually focus, you can basically put any lens on the planet on a NEX. To say that there are no lenses for a NEX is an uninformed statement.
Lonnie Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014   #13
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 465629

There a many users that not prefer MF glass. Sony has bad enough not a create line up of native glass. Seems most of there focus is going out to the cameras.

And yes there are adapters for using third party class. For my self I asked the question why should I by a camera that claims to have fast auto focus and going to use MF glass ? When I out for a day trip with the family I do not want to MF all day to make pictures of the family.

Half a year a go a friend of use want to know how his Leica class is perfuming on the Fuji and Sony. And we really liked the Fuji IQ the most with this class. He is using beside his Leica M9 a Fuji X Pro1 now after his test. This all is a personal opinion.... so there is noting wrong when some find Sony is beter. Its all about what you prefer.

We use several NEX camera's here 3NL 5R and the 7 all are nice and small. This is one of the main reasons that we use the Sony. Its small. The fuji X Pro1 or my Canon 5D3 are some times to big to bring along.
Old 02-14-2014   #14
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Llama

CamelKarma: 346689
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie Utah View Post
What about the brand new Sony A6000 that's just been announced? Fastest AF of ANY camera in the world...

Sony A6000 Review: Hands-On Preview
YES!!
Old 02-14-2014   #15
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 1232477
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnon View Post
I've a Canon 5DII as well as some lenses. My dilema is that I'm trying to lighten the load when travelling but am having a hard time deciding what to buy. . . . . All opinions would be appreciated. Amnon
How about a point and shoot 35mm film camera with a 40mm lens? Like....ohhhhhhhh sayyyyyy this one?
Olympus Trip 35 35mm Point and Shoot Film Camera Working with Case 050332143159 | eBay

Or perhaps one of these:
`Olympus XA2 35mm Point and Shoot Film Camera Rangefinder Vintage Compact 846084004479 | eBay

No, I'm not kidding. These are GREAT reliable very portable and lightweight cameras that take excellent photographs.
Then again, how good is the camera in your cell phone?
Take it light
Mark
Mark Feldstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #16
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Llama

CamelKarma: 346689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie Utah View Post
What about the brand new Sony A6000 that's just been announced? Fastest AF of ANY camera in the world...

Sony A6000 Review: Hands-On Preview
yeap,,,,
Old 02-18-2014   #17
Llama

CamelKarma: 276607

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOSfotografie.nl View Post
There a many users that not prefer MF glass.....

....When I out for a day trip with the family I do not want to MF all day to make pictures of the family.
So what you're saying is that you're lazy?

I really, really, really can't understand how so many people are eager to put their cameras in "full manual mode" when it comes to ISO, exposure and Shutter speed (because somehow this makes you a better photographer), yet won't take the next step in to manual focusing....
Lonnie Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015   #18
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First

I had the same issue ..( I own a 5dmark2 and a few lenses) but wanted something smaller to carry around for trips and night outs but also to act as a backup camera for my canon.
Ended up buying a sony nex 6 with 18-55 kit lens-I found it much better than the 16-50 lens, also bought a sigma prime 30mm f2.8 also the nex 6 has a hot shoe on top so you can buy an external flash which is much stronger. Its a very good little camera, image quality is decent and also its autofocus is very good in low light.
I sold it recently to upgrade to either a sony a6000 or a Fuji x-e2
Eagle355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016   #19
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 116

My wife and I travel a lot and are trying to lighten the load, as well. We are both carrying Sony A7s now. I really like my A7Rii because I can set the shutter to electronic and there is no shutter noise. With the tiny 35mm f2.8 lens, no one notices me. The big nikons stay home.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Sony »

Share this topic: