PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Sony

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011   #21
Bactrian

CanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 241449
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: NEX-7

or this.....$300 used.

Olympus Wide Angle Zuiko 35mm f/2.0 Manual Focus Lens for OM-Series Cameras
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 38818.jpg (53.2 KB, 84 views)

My Work (as posted in PC)

My Website
http://www.canadianrocky.com/

My blog
http://canadianrockyblog.blogspot.com/
All my images are anadianRocky
CanadianRocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #22
Llama

Lonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 276607
Editing OK?: No

Tough call. If $$ was no object, I'd say Nocton. If it were me, I'd go with the OM, but just because that's where I'm already invested. Plus you can pick up an OM 50mm f/1.8 for almost nothing (less than $50).

My OM NEX kit right now, is the 28mm (42mm efl) f/3.5 (hand me down from dad $0), 50mm (75mm efl) f/1.8 (already owned from my first SLR $0), and the 135mm (202 efl) f/3.5 ($20 off ebay). My adapter was $30 so for $50, I have a 3 lens prime kit. I also have the 16mm e-mount lens and the 18-55 kit lens all of this fits in a very small bag and is very light.
Lonnie Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011   #23
Llama

Lonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

#70. The Sony NEX-5N and exotic lenses (Leica-M, Leica-R, Zeiss ZM, Zeiss C/Y, Panasonic) | Dear Susan,
Old 12-08-2011   #24
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

wolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwolfd strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 159556227

Looks like a nice 'travel' camera. One that I will need to study further, as I have at least a dozen old M42 lenses, then there are my (MF) Canon and Nikon lenses as well.
Old 12-08-2011   #25
Llama

have you folks been following the luminious landscapes rolling review of the NEX-7?

Here's a quote from it....

Quote:
One day after publication of the above noise comparison between the NEX-7 and the NEX-5n, DxO Labs has published their test results on the NEX-7. They score it at 81, which is only exceed among all cameras tested by a handful of medium format cameras from Hasselblad, Phase One and Pentax, and among DSLRs the Pentax K5 and Nikon D3s, which score just 1 point higher (statistically insignificant).
Think about what that's saying. A camera that fits in your coat pocket exceeds the IQ of ALL dslr's with the exception of couple which is statistically tied. It takes a MF camera to get superior IQ. That unbelievable performance for a device of this size.
Old 12-08-2011   #26
Vicuna

Blair is a glorious beacon of lightBlair is a glorious beacon of lightBlair is a glorious beacon of lightBlair is a glorious beacon of lightBlair is a glorious beacon of lightBlair is a glorious beacon of lightBlair is a glorious beacon of lightBlair is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1096

Sony announced today that NEX-7 Pre-Orders go out before the end of the month (in limited quantities).

ELUSION | custom wedding and portrait photography
MD / DC / VA http://elusionphotos.com
Blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #27
Camel Breath

Rense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRense strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 6983333

indeed positive for NEX-5, but for NEX-7 less favourable.

[5D][50D][20D][G10][EFS 10-22][Sigma 12-24][Sigma 15][EF 17-40][Sigma 20][TSE 24][EF 24-105][Tamron 28-75][EF 28-300][Sigma 30][EF 50;f/1.4][EF 50;f/1.8][MP-E65][EF 70-200 f/4][Sigma 70-200 f/2.8][EF 70-300DO][EF 85 f/1.8][Samyang 85mm f/1.4][EF80-200][EF 100 Macro][Sigma 105][EF 135 f/2.0][EF 135 f/2.8SF][Tamron 180mm macro][EF 200 f/2.8][Bigma][Tamron TC1.4x][580EX][420EX (2x)][M24EX][STE-2][for a complete list, click here http://www.raphoto.nl/Gear/index.html][CPS Europe member]
Rense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011   #28
Photocamel Master

Padre strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPadre strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPadre strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPadre strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPadre strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPadre strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPadre strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPadre strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPadre strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPadre strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPadre strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1190840

I just got the 5N to replace my G11 which was stolen. Thus far I have only the 18-55 kit lens. I have a little pocket change and am trying to decide if I want to purchase a manual lens, possibly the Zeiss ZM Biogon 25, or the new, yet to be in stores, Zeiss 24 1.8. I grew up shooting manual but at my age and not so perfect eyesight I'm thinking the autofocus might be nice. Decisions decisions...
Old 12-10-2011   #29
Vicuna

stevelink is a glorious beacon of lightstevelink is a glorious beacon of lightstevelink is a glorious beacon of lightstevelink is a glorious beacon of lightstevelink is a glorious beacon of lightstevelink is a glorious beacon of lightstevelink is a glorious beacon of lightstevelink is a glorious beacon of lightstevelink is a glorious beacon of lightstevelink is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1391

Greetings! As a Pentax K-5 user, I am very intrigued by the Sony NEX-7, with it's high-quality APS-C sensor, OLED EVF, Tri-Navi control system, and especially the adapters that would permit use of some excellent Pentax DA* and Limited optics! Sony has certainly proven itself with the Sony-made Pentax-tweaked sensor in the K-5. I shoot landscape, macro and products, so high ISO iand video isn't a priority. I look forward to more reviews of the NEX-7, such as Steve Huff's great review.
stevelink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #30
Vicuna

stevelink is a glorious beacon of lightstevelink is a glorious beacon of lightstevelink is a glorious beacon of lightstevelink is a glorious beacon of lightstevelink is a glorious beacon of lightstevelink is a glorious beacon of lightstevelink is a glorious beacon of lightstevelink is a glorious beacon of lightstevelink is a glorious beacon of lightstevelink is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1391

Greetings! Per Mr. Reichman's review of the NEX-7 with the Zeiss 24 f/1.4, I don't see mention of "lens cast" there. On the contrary, he does an excellent comparison of the NEX-7 with the Zeiss and the "benchmark" Leica 24 Summicron. His conclusion: Both have their strengths and weaknesses of course, but the Zeiss compares favorably on several points to the 6x more expensive Leica glass on the NEX-7! That endorsement is good enough for me to consider the NEX-7 with Zeiss 24 as an awesome "travel" package, where one would not lose image quality when compared to a traditional DSLR, such as the Pentax K-5. I look forward to more testing of the new NEX-7 and other Sony optics!

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Sony »

Share this topic: