PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Sony

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011   #11
Llama

Lonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 276607
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: A77 compatability with Minolta lenses...

Does it work on ANY camera??
Lonnie Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #12
Photocamel Master

Dirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 810509
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie Utah View Post
Does it work on ANY camera??
Strangely enough it worked on a film body of minolta from a aquintance of mine .

Havent test it in M mode that works but not great
Old 12-01-2011   #13
Llama

Lonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 276607
Editing OK?: No

I'd first suggest cleaning the lens contacts on both the cam and the lens.
Lonnie Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #14
Photocamel Master

Dirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

Quote:
I'd first suggest cleaning the lens contacts on both the cam and the lens.
yeah .. for the moment i do not need it yet i have 18-70 sony sam and 55-200 sony sam and 28-300 ff lens (tamron 185d) that acts like a 42-450mm lens

for the moment enough for sony .. it is no hurt got it dirt cheap 2 beers in a pub for a aquintance ..
Old 01-09-2012   #15
Vicuna

Tassie is just really very very niceTassie is just really very very niceTassie is just really very very niceTassie is just really very very niceTassie is just really very very niceTassie is just really very very niceTassie is just really very very niceTassie is just really very very niceTassie is just really very very niceTassie is just really very very niceTassie is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 49380

Just bought the a77 a week ago and have tried all my minolta lens Beercan 70/210, APO 100/400 and my favorite the 500 reflex and all work perfectly in fact better then when they were in the A700.

Cheers Tassie
Tassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #16
Photocamel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie View Post
Just bought the a77 a week ago and have tried all my minolta lens Beercan 70/210, APO 100/400 and my favorite the 500 reflex and all work perfectly in fact better then when they were in the A700.

Cheers Tassie
Hi tassie here another taz fan , i have cleaned the contacts and at least i can use the lens , but for the confort and ease of use i'll stick to my 18-70 and 55-200 and if i ever get a change to visit tasmania i will , and do australia with it ..

cheers aka dirk
Old 01-20-2012   #17
Alpaca

lgwennap is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10

I just tried a whole bunch of lens on an A77. Old Minolta lens including a 50 F1.7, the 28-105, and the 100-300 all work. My newer Sigma 17-70 works fine but also an older Sigma 105 macro and a really old 400 F5.6 work as well. My old Tamron 1.4 teleconverter works. The Minolta 5600 HS flash work fine as well. So far everything I own from 20 years of Minolta and Sony all work.

Lance
lgwennap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012   #18
Vicuna

kgior has a brilliant futurekgior has a brilliant futurekgior has a brilliant futurekgior has a brilliant futurekgior has a brilliant futurekgior has a brilliant futurekgior has a brilliant futurekgior has a brilliant futurekgior has a brilliant futurekgior has a brilliant futurekgior has a brilliant future
CamelKarma: 13508

Just in case you hadn't noticed the OP posted a completely false statement and I don't think has re-posted to any response to him.
kgior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #19
Vicuna

heez10 is a splendid one to beholdheez10 is a splendid one to beholdheez10 is a splendid one to beholdheez10 is a splendid one to beholdheez10 is a splendid one to beholdheez10 is a splendid one to beholdheez10 is a splendid one to beholdheez10 is a splendid one to beholdheez10 is a splendid one to beholdheez10 is a splendid one to beholdheez10 is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 3884
Smile Re: A77 compatability with Minolta lenses...

Quote:
You are getting bad info. You'll be fine. The A77/A65 is compatible with all of your old AF minolta A-mount lenses.

The only known issues with Sony's SLT cameras are with Sigma lenses. However, sigma will rechip their lenses if you return them to Sigma.
I have no problem using Sigmas 18-200 and 55-200 on my A37.
heez10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013   #20
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

Jason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 61045
Editing OK?: Yes

Sometimes Sigma and Tamron lenses may need to be updated if they are older

Best,
Jay

SonyAlphaLab.com
Now On Google+

Jason Hermann is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Sony »

Share this topic: