PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Sony Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011   #11
F1 Camel

bobobird strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbobobird strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbobobird strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbobobird strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbobobird strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbobobird strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbobobird strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbobobird strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbobobird strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbobobird strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorbobobird strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 4090689
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: NEX-7

They were already available about a month of so ago ---------------- in Indonesia.
bobobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011   #12
Bactrian

CanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 241449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rense View Post
Hi Rocky, I was talking about this lens (524g).
Rense

It is a great lens, I find it a bit to heavy for the "standard" lens though. It could replace both the 18- 55 and the 55-210 in the bag, but I would want a lens on the camera that is smaller.

Everyone

Your opinions on a MF that would fit this bill and work.

40 mm (equivalent) f1.8 (or close) that is still light enough to meet the spec i am looking for?

Lonnie,

>Contax G 28/2.8 (sharp, nice rendering)<,

now this looks interesting to me.

How are the lenses adapted?

My Work (as posted in PC)

My Website
http://www.canadianrocky.com/

My blog
http://canadianrockyblog.blogspot.com/
All my images are anadianRocky
CanadianRocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011   #13
Llama

Lonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 276607
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianRocky View Post
Lonnie,

>Contax G 28/2.8 (sharp, nice rendering)<,

now this looks interesting to me.

How are the lenses adapted?
Just google the mount you need to and sony nex

contax g to sony nex

Lonnie Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #14
Alpaca

gerund will become famous soon enough
CamelKarma: 66

Remember this camera has a sweep pano feature for the wide shots if you need them.
gerund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #15
Llama

Lonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorLonnie Utah strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 276607

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerund View Post
Remember this camera has a sweep pano feature for the wide shots if you need them.
And remember that it can only produce a JPG, not a raw file. For many of us, that kills that feature. If you want a pano, while more work, I think you'll find that you get much better results doing it manually and stitching together the output of the raw files after PP.
Lonnie Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #16
Bactrian

CanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorCanadianRocky strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

I am not that big a fan of stitching. I did a stitching job on this with PhotoShop. That is me and daughter while we where in France in May of 2010.

Of course, it was a point and shoot, and I did not have the benefit of my real camera and it was a JPEG and not RAW, which is what I usually use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CarriageEiffelTower.jpg (152.3 KB, 85 views)

My Website

My blog
Old 12-05-2011   #17
Vicuna

Blair is a glorious beacon of lightBlair is a glorious beacon of lightBlair is a glorious beacon of lightBlair is a glorious beacon of lightBlair is a glorious beacon of lightBlair is a glorious beacon of lightBlair is a glorious beacon of lightBlair is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1096

We pre-ordered one from Adorama a couple months ago.. should be quite a nice camera
Blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #18
Alpaca

pchicken is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10

I picked up a used Nex3 body a couple months ago .. like it so much my 5D's jelous.. now I'm highly considering a nex7 just because of the hot shoe and view finder ... 24mgs a bonus .. : )
pchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011   #19
Bactrian

I know a guy, who knows a guy....Hopefully he knows a guy who will move me up the list.
I want it before I go to Mexico in April, Cancun and the Mayan Ruins.

My Website

My blog
Old 12-05-2011   #20
Bactrian

This looks promising.They are available new for $550.

Voigtlander Nokton 40mm f/1.4 M-Mount Lens

My Website

My blog

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Sony Forum »

Share this topic: