PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Printing, Matting, and Framing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009   #1
Dromedary

mrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond reputemrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond reputemrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond reputemrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond reputemrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond reputemrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond reputemrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond reputemrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond reputemrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond reputemrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond reputemrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond repute
CamelKarma: 24555
Editing OK?: Yes
Default White House Custom Color Lab

Hi all,

Just started using White House Custom Color. Just go back my free 8x10s they offer and the quality is fantastic and i was looking at their pricing and it looks pretty good too.

I would highly recommend their service for anyone looking for a lab in the US. all first time customers get 5 free 8x10s with no credit card or any other info required.

Pro Photo Lab: Photo Prints, Press Printed, Press Books | WHCC

Nikon D90 18-105 VR Kit Lens, Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D, SB700, Slik Pro II Tripod and Ballhead.

My Flickr: www.flickr.com/tjtunnington
mrpalmer420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009   #2
KmH
F1 Camel

KmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud ofKmH has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 6932
Default Re: White House Custom Color Lab

They have a good reputation and I have used them in the past.

I primarily use Millers Professional Imaging www.millerslab.com and their other outlets www.mpixpro.com and www.mpix.com myself.

"If you keep on doing what you have always done, you will keep on getting what you have always gotten."
KmH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010   #3
Alpaca

jbyrum is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10

I use WHCC and everything I've ever gotten from them is fantastic. Not one problem to date.
jbyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010   #4
Bactrian

MDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 6548

TJ

I've used WHCC on a few occasions and I'm very pleased with the prints.

There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer. ~Ansel Adams
MDPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #5
Alpaca

tbergphoto is on a distinguished road
Editing OK?: Ask first

I used WHCC exclusively for several years -- I like their press printed stuff. Cards, books, etc.

Their frames, however, are really not very good quality. Look like wood, feel like plastic. yuk.

Wag More, Bark Less
tbergphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #6
Dromedary

mrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond reputemrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond reputemrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond reputemrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond reputemrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond reputemrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond reputemrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond reputemrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond reputemrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond reputemrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond reputemrpalmer420 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear about the press printed stuff. I just shot a friends wedding (Just as a friend not an official photog). and i want to give making a book for him a whirl.

Old 03-31-2010   #7
Alpaca

tbergphoto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpalmer420 View Post
Glad to hear about the press printed stuff. I just shot a friends wedding (Just as a friend not an official photog). and i want to give making a book for him a whirl.

In that case -- if you're ready to go with it -- be sure and submit it before midnight tonight! Lay flat books are on sale this week and you'll save 25%!

They also have a BEAUTIFUL press printed ALBUM on watercolor paper. It's going on sale next week. You can do two page spreads with no "gap" between the pages. Heavy cardboard pages, etc. It's really gorgeous. Usually about $100 for a 20 page book -- but next week they're on sale.

subscribe to their facebook page for all the sales promos

Wag More, Bark Less
tbergphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #8
Dromedary

yep already do, Since i am not the official photog i am going to try and get my order in by tonight, Most likely just going for a small 20 page 5x7 press printed album

Old 04-09-2010   #9
Vicuna

whiteeye is a jewel in the roughwhiteeye is a jewel in the roughwhiteeye is a jewel in the rough
CamelKarma: 245

I just placed another order today. My clients really like the "standout" mountings. When you consider the cost of a frame, it makes these very affordable.

They are dead on with the color/exposure (after a little tweaking of the calibration on my monitors), their prices are very competitive and 2-day shipping is included!

My kids also love the free sucker they add to each order, they always fight over who get's it.......
Old 04-11-2010   #10
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

k9ofkaos strides over the forum like a knight in shining armork9ofkaos strides over the forum like a knight in shining armork9ofkaos strides over the forum like a knight in shining armork9ofkaos strides over the forum like a knight in shining armork9ofkaos strides over the forum like a knight in shining armork9ofkaos strides over the forum like a knight in shining armork9ofkaos strides over the forum like a knight in shining armork9ofkaos strides over the forum like a knight in shining armork9ofkaos strides over the forum like a knight in shining armork9ofkaos strides over the forum like a knight in shining armork9ofkaos strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 538836

White House rocks!!!! Iused to use Mpix and they did a great job, but WHCC is awesome!!!

War Eagle
k9ofkaos is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Printing, Matting, and Framing »

Share this topic: