PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012   #11
Guanaco

KA_Style has a brilliant futureKA_Style has a brilliant futureKA_Style has a brilliant futureKA_Style has a brilliant futureKA_Style has a brilliant futureKA_Style has a brilliant futureKA_Style has a brilliant futureKA_Style has a brilliant futureKA_Style has a brilliant futureKA_Style has a brilliant futureKA_Style has a brilliant future
CamelKarma: 14333
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Professional Printing Lab-Need change asap :(

I go local or use my Zenfolio. So far everyone and what I have ordered has been great from Zenfolio with super quick delivery. My local print is sweet.

Try Blue Cube. He comes highly regarded. Raves all over Model Mayhem.

https://www.facebook.com/BlueCubeImagingLab
KA_Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012   #12
Alpaca

seric is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10

I'll second Bay Photo. I'm a little biased though, since they are located about a mile from me.
seric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #13
Alpaca

Digitalretouch is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: No

I just did a wedding and got my test prints from MpixPro and WHCC, and I gotta say, I was just humoring MPIXPro. I'd heard such praise for WHCC that I'd decided they were "where it's at," but the experience with them, before even spending a dollar, is so bad that I won't be using them. It'll be Millers, Mpix Pro, Bay or ProDPI. WHCC was super slow on shipping the test prints (arrived two days after MPIXPro, even though I signed up with WHCC a whole day before), they got here and were dinged in so many places that when trying to compare their color with the MPIX photos, I couldn't because the two convex dings in two different spots of the photo made the reflection so bad that I couldn't accurately compare. And more importantly, when I called Customer Service, I got a droid, robot guy who kept repeating the party line over and over again, no ability to use his brain or respond in any logical or original fashion. They won't send new test pics, but want me to go on faith that all the bad service I experienced wouldn't happen if if were something I'd paid for. MPIX send samples with a big stamp saying CALIBRATION PRINT. WHCC doesn't, but if they are scared of giving you usable prints, I'd rather have the watermark and be able to be sent judgeable test prints, than to have an unmarked print that looks like crap because it's been abused. I told him that if they'd sent me nothing, I'd have more confidence in them than the callous customer support and slow, poorly packaged shipping. Really mad that I spent $20 for the swatch sample kit (that is also taking forever to get to me) for a company I know I probably won't ever patronize. I think they must have so much business already and such a reputation to ride off of that they aren't scared of scaring away customers.

Last edited by Digitalretouch; 07-24-2013 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: typo
Digitalretouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #14
F1 Camel

gryphonslair99 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgryphonslair99 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgryphonslair99 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgryphonslair99 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgryphonslair99 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgryphonslair99 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgryphonslair99 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgryphonslair99 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgryphonslair99 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgryphonslair99 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgryphonslair99 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1080249
Editing OK?: Yes

Well I guess that Walgreens and Walmart are out of the running then.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #15
Llama

gumper strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgumper strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgumper strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgumper strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgumper strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgumper strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgumper strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgumper strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgumper strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgumper strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgumper strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 316487
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Well I guess that Walgreens and Walmart are out of the running then
They are if Costco's near by.
gumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #16
Bactrian

wildmaven strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwildmaven strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwildmaven strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwildmaven strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwildmaven strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwildmaven strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwildmaven strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwildmaven strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwildmaven strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwildmaven strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwildmaven strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 2594099
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA_Style View Post
I go local or use my Zenfolio. So far everyone and what I have ordered has been great from Zenfolio with super quick delivery. My local print is sweet.

Try Blue Cube. He comes highly regarded. Raves all over Model Mayhem.

https://www.facebook.com/BlueCubeImagingLab
Wow, $1.27 for one 5x7"

wildmaven is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images »

Share this topic: