PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010   #1
Vicuna

Cait is just really niceCait is just really niceCait is just really niceCait is just really niceCait is just really niceCait is just really niceCait is just really nice
CamelKarma: 750
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Senior Drummer shoot

Hello! I'm fairly new when it comes to posting images. These are a few pictures I took from a senoir shoot back in Nov. and just thought I'd share.
This senior is a self-taught drummer;It is always such a delight to photograph individuals with such beautiful personalities! I still think that I'm having problems with staying consistant with the colors, particularly in the skin tones. c&c is most welcome!

Cait

File Type: jpg sized__MG_0335.JPG (190.2 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg sized__MG_0345.jpg (84.7 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg sized__MG_0393.JPG (191.9 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg sized__MG_0457.JPG (190.9 KB, 224 views)
Old 01-18-2010   #2
Llama

sportster has a reputation beyond reputesportster has a reputation beyond reputesportster has a reputation beyond reputesportster has a reputation beyond reputesportster has a reputation beyond reputesportster has a reputation beyond reputesportster has a reputation beyond reputesportster has a reputation beyond reputesportster has a reputation beyond reputesportster has a reputation beyond reputesportster has a reputation beyond repute
CamelKarma: 27671
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Senior Drummer shoot

Very nice series, I like your choice of posing and putting the drum set in the middle of the road was a great idea. On my monitor the white shirt appears to be a bit too hot. In the last two images I would like to see a little more light in those beautiful eyes, maybe a reflector or some fill flash.

Thanks for sharing.

Toby
sportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010   #3
Bactrian

MDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud ofMDPhoto has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 6548

A nice series. I like the 3rd with the drum in the background and also the last shot. Well done.

There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer. ~Ansel Adams
MDPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010   #4
Camel Breath

patterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 3785176

Yup love the drum shot in the road one.
Nice!

"It's all meaningless unless you know what it means"- Unknown
patterfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010   #5
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

gaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1046224

That is a nice series! Cheers, Bill P.
gaopa2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010   #6
Guanaco

wmbtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightwmbtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightwmbtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightwmbtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightwmbtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightwmbtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightwmbtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightwmbtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightwmbtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightwmbtaylor is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1371

I love the series though I think in the second shot focus on the drum stick tips stopping the action with a bit of blur of the hands might have made a more powerful shot for me at least.
wmbtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010   #7
Camel Breath

Rain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 10398548

Very well done! I like your creativity! I agree about a little bit more light in the eyes in the last 2 - you could do that in post, easily. But the exposures are very good on those.
Old 01-18-2010   #8
Guanaco

Jgolden is a name known to allJgolden is a name known to allJgolden is a name known to allJgolden is a name known to allJgolden is a name known to allJgolden is a name known to allJgolden is a name known to allJgolden is a name known to allJgolden is a name known to allJgolden is a name known to allJgolden is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 2810

very nice, love the drums in the road also and the use of natural light.
Old 01-18-2010   #9
Alpaca

TheKartus is a jewel in the roughTheKartus is a jewel in the roughTheKartus is a jewel in the roughTheKartus is a jewel in the rough
CamelKarma: 391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgolden View Post
very nice, love the drums in the road also and the use of natural light.
I agree. Cool setting, adds life to her behind the drums.
TheKartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010   #10
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

felix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorfelix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorfelix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorfelix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorfelix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorfelix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorfelix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorfelix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorfelix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorfelix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorfelix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 228901
Editing OK?: No

Overall nice series. I like the ideas with the drums, however IMHO it could be a bit edgier and more creative with the framing. Not sure how to express what I mean but the "IT-Factor" is missing to make them great. Only talking about the ones with the drums. Maybe a different processing would help.

felix.reichardt is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits »

Share this topic: