Cute candid redhead! ;)
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2008   #1
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 113410
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Cute candid redhead! ;)

Hi everyone!
I made this card for a client for Mother's Day....this is the cover...I printed it on a textured cardstock. I was out for a walk with my camera to photograph a client's Magnolia's but, the frost the night before had killed all the blossoms.
Their just turned two year old daughter was outside so I grabbed a few very quick, very candid shots of her. It was getting pretty dark and she moves very fast so I didn't get a lot. I decided to throw this together with what I had and send the mom this for a surprise Mother's Day card (dad was there with the daughter mom was still at work.)

I know everyone's affinity for redheads and since Emily has been less than cooperative lately... I figured I'd post it here so you all would know I didn't fall off the face of the earth! lol

Hope you enjoy it! I had fun making it...I LOVE it...what do you think?

Thanks and blessing!
Lori

Ellbee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 77753
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Cute candid redhead! ;)

Nice!

I love the placement of the tossing shots showing the motion. I'm such a geek that I would change the order and put the shot with her at the highest point in the air at the top left, and so on. But that really is my geeky-self-to-the max.

The vertical shot at the bottom gives me a hard time though - maybe because of the Dad's shoulder taking prominence?

LOL! I hope you know I'm liking these collages a lot, Lori! I just want to practice trying to see what the real photographers around here see.
Old 05-16-2008   #3
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 113410
Editing OK?: No

Thanks Tom...I think. LOL

I put them in the order shot but, if I was just putting them together I'd probably do it the way you suggested. I was in a rush to make it to the post office before 5 PM so I didn't tweek everything maybe like I should. Thanks for pointing out these things...you can practice critique on me anytime...just be gentle! (you were.)LOL

Thanks again for checking it out.

Blessings,
Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcape5 View Post
Nice!

I love the placement of the tossing shots showing the motion. I'm such a geek that I would change the order and put the shot with her at the highest point in the air at the top left, and so on. But that really is my geeky-self-to-the max.

The vertical shot at the bottom gives me a hard time though - maybe because of the Dad's shoulder taking prominence?

LOL! I hope you know I'm liking these collages a lot, Lori! I just want to practice trying to see what the real photographers around here see.
Ellbee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008   #4
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 14503
Editing OK?: Yes

What mother wouldn't have enjoyed the heck out of this?

As for part two of your Q - I think you said you already delivered it to her - but FWIW the back of Dad's dead under the three "toss" shots with the little girl on top in bottom left looks out of place.
JimH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008   #5
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1049806
Editing OK?: Ask first

I think its wonderful but do agree about the dad's shoulder bottom right. Tossing in the air the way it is works for me.

'Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop.'
Ansell Adams

My SmugMug Piccies
My PBase Snaps
mcbit is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits »

Share this topic: