PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008   #1
gsk
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Bactrian

gsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 124499
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Venice Carnival

Here is a photo taken in a 15th century palace in Venice at the time of Carnival a few weeks ago.

gsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #2
D.Rodgers

Default Re: Venice Carnival

I like the use of the mirror to frame her and the reflection as well.
Not my field but the light looks a bit flat.
Old 02-14-2008   #3
Photocamel Master

gaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1046224

I like that photo! Well done!
gaopa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #4
gsk
Bactrian

gsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgsk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

David.
I do agree that it is flat. This was taken with natural light. The palace was dark and had to use 1600 ISO. The picture below is in the same palace but, I used a softbox to the left of the model. Is that light better?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0475.jpg (194.3 KB, 78 views)
Old 02-14-2008   #5
Photocamel Master

gaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorgaopa2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1046224

Oh, I like that image even better!
gaopa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #6
gsk
Bactrian

Thank you goapa2.
Old 02-14-2008   #7
Camel Breath

patterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 3815913

Very interesting!! I like 'em a lot, especially your use of mirrors. The shadow in the second one kind of bothers me a little unfortunately I'm not sure what I'd have done differently. But overall I love the feel of it. Like a classic painting.Nice.

"It's all meaningless unless you know what it means"- Unknown
patterfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #8
Photocamel Muse

Athena is just really very very niceAthena is just really very very niceAthena is just really very very niceAthena is just really very very niceAthena is just really very very niceAthena is just really very very niceAthena is just really very very niceAthena is just really very very niceAthena is just really very very niceAthena is just really very very niceAthena is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 61445

I think both of these are really quite lovely. I like the costumes very much - how fun! - and the setting is perfect!

If the light in the first one bothers you, perhaps you can fiddle with it in PS?

Facebook Page like?

Google+ add?
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #9
Photocamel Master

felix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorfelix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorfelix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorfelix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorfelix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorfelix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorfelix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorfelix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorfelix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorfelix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorfelix.reichardt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 228901
Editing OK?: No

The second picture is the kind I always want to do in a session with a model. Very nice.
Old 02-15-2008   #10
gsk
Bactrian

Thank you all for the kind replies.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits »

Share this topic: