Senior
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 2830379
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Senior

First Senior shoot in about two years. Messing around with a background blur effect on two of these using the tilt-shift blur tool.

File Type: jpg DSC_4576100.jpg (121.5 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_4653100.jpg (109.7 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_4771100.jpg (151.2 KB, 82 views)
JACKCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6942131
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Senior

I'd say you tilt-shir-blurred on #2 and #3 but I've been wrong before. But coloring, spot on and sweet. I'd say that I like #2 the best with the 1st running close. I think the 4th is nice because of the full length and the interest of the background window shopping, but maybe a bad thing too.

But, really nice and shows that even after that long of not doing one, you still know how. Question... did you natural light all of these?

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 2830379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
I'd say you tilt-shir-blurred on #2 and #3 but I've been wrong before. But coloring, spot on and sweet. I'd say that I like #2 the best with the 1st running close. I think the 4th is nice because of the full length and the interest of the background window shopping, but maybe a bad thing too.

But, really nice and shows that even after that long of not doing one, you still know how. Question... did you natural light all of these?
Second and third I used a white reflector. The first and forth I used a flash on camera.
JACKCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 32599

As to a subjective opinion on the blur effect, I'd say your #1 shot looks a bit artificial. The transition from sharp to blur is too sudden - look at the grass. The other shots look good to me in terms of blur effect.
mshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 914787
Editing OK?: Ask First

Nice series.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits »

Share this topic: