PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
PhotoCamel Directory Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits / People

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009   #1
Llama

kameraman50 has much to be proud ofkameraman50 has much to be proud ofkameraman50 has much to be proud ofkameraman50 has much to be proud ofkameraman50 has much to be proud ofkameraman50 has much to be proud ofkameraman50 has much to be proud ofkameraman50 has much to be proud ofkameraman50 has much to be proud ofkameraman50 has much to be proud ofkameraman50 has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 6647
Default Senior High Drape Pattern

I am looking for a pattern to have my wife make me a drape for senior portraits. Does any one know of a pattern for this photo prop? I have one but am not totally pleased with this one and all the manufactures have a no return policy due to obvious reasons. So I want to have one made to try and custimize it for my use.

Thank you,
Charles

Old 01-19-2009   #2
Camel Breath

patterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpatterfr strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 3522513
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Senior High Drape Pattern

I'm not trying to be a smart a$$, but aren't they just big rectangles, with some sewing a folded over sleeve at the top for a rod to hold them up?

"It's all meaningless unless you know what it means"- Unknown
patterfr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #3
Llama

kameraman50 has much to be proud ofkameraman50 has much to be proud ofkameraman50 has much to be proud ofkameraman50 has much to be proud ofkameraman50 has much to be proud ofkameraman50 has much to be proud ofkameraman50 has much to be proud ofkameraman50 has much to be proud ofkameraman50 has much to be proud ofkameraman50 has much to be proud ofkameraman50 has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 6647

No you did not understand. It is not a backdrop. It it the actual costume the senior girl puts on as a covering lol.
kameraman50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #4
Photocamel Master

Benji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorBenji strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 563399
Editing OK?: No

I'm not trying to be a smart alec either, but when my wife and i were putting our Christmas stuff away, the drape that she put around the base of the tree was absolutely beautiful. It had a hole (or a placket if you will) in the middle for the tree trunk, and velcro to hold the it together once you had the trunk encircled. IMHO this would work wonderfully (if you can find one in black!) Otherwise I would google "senior drapes."

Benji
In the end, people appreciate frankness more than flattery. Prov 28:23
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #5
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

loeee strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorloeee strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorloeee strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorloeee strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorloeee strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorloeee strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorloeee strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorloeee strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorloeee strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorloeee strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorloeee strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 693124

I don't want to be a smart alec either, but I'd like to be made a bit smarter than I am. Can someone share a photo of a senior wearing a drape, please, because I've never seen anything like that in a senior portrait.

"Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly." Micah

Canon

Ancora Imparo
loeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012   #6
Alpaca

janakac76 is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10

So Charles don't let them get to you. Senior pictures have been taken this way for years. Guys do the tuxedo look and girls do the velvet wrap over the shoulders that is called a drape. You notice only men commented on a female garment. I do not have a pattern but if you get a pattern for a v neck cape or you can take a ruler and white chalk and draw a wide v neck on the fabric to get the shape. Use Velcro in the back so that the drape can be adjusted.
janakac76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012   #7
Camel Breath

Rain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 7920504

This is a 3 year old thread. But that's nice information you provided.
Old 01-21-2012   #8
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
F1 Camel

keithdewey3 is just really very very nicekeithdewey3 is just really very very nicekeithdewey3 is just really very very nicekeithdewey3 is just really very very nicekeithdewey3 is just really very very nicekeithdewey3 is just really very very nicekeithdewey3 is just really very very nicekeithdewey3 is just really very very nicekeithdewey3 is just really very very nicekeithdewey3 is just really very very nicekeithdewey3 is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 93770

Is it just me or has there been a recent increase in old threads randomly finding new life? I have started reading a little closer and paying closer attention to dates. I don't need any help looking stupid. I am a pro at that already.

Keith
http://keithdewey3.smugmug.com/
keithdewey3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012   #9
Camel Breath

Steven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSteven G Webb strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 979068

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdewey3 View Post
Is it just me or has there been a recent increase in old threads randomly finding new life? I have started reading a little closer and paying closer attention to dates. I don't need any help looking stupid. I am a pro at that already.
It seems that way to me as well (about the revival of threads). It's been my observation that many of the dredged up threads are brought back to life by Camels with low post numbers, as in single digits. Perhaps they are looking for information when they find the forum. Maybe they do not know they are bumping old threads. If anything is gained or a continued more current discussion is sparked, no harm and no foul. The ones that tickle me are the ones that fill up the recent threads list from a single user and come from either glamor/erotic or KMC.

Steve

Facebook

Camel Equine Group

My Equine Album

Fireworks Album

Steven G Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012   #10
F1 Camel

poloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpoloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpoloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpoloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpoloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpoloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpoloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpoloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpoloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpoloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpoloman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 408208

I just don't want to be a smart alec...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits / People »

Share this topic: