PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
PhotoCamel Directory Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits / People

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011   #1
Alpaca

PDXshutterbug is just really nicePDXshutterbug is just really nicePDXshutterbug is just really nicePDXshutterbug is just really nicePDXshutterbug is just really nice
CamelKarma: 482
Default My First Headshot - PreTeen Model C&C

I've done some occasional family portraits for friends but this was my first head shot that this model needed for city acting auditions. I welcome any and all C&C and would like specifics as I will be doing more in the future... thanks!

strob: SB-600 thru umberlla @camera left, window light @camera right)
f/5.6 (1/80) @55 mm

PDXshutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011   #2
Camel Breath

Rain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRain Lily strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 7890792
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: My First Headshot - PreTeen Model C&C

I think it's a gorgeous headshot of a pretty girl, great job on just about everything. The one thing I noticed is that her shoulders positioned that way don't really make for a good "base of support" for her head - they look really narrow, which makes her head seem large. Better posture and a slight turn back to the camera (or maybe the better posture would fix everything) would solve the problem, imo.
Old 05-08-2011   #3
Vicuna

Marissa K. Photography is a splendid one to beholdMarissa K. Photography is a splendid one to beholdMarissa K. Photography is a splendid one to beholdMarissa K. Photography is a splendid one to beholdMarissa K. Photography is a splendid one to beholdMarissa K. Photography is a splendid one to beholdMarissa K. Photography is a splendid one to beholdMarissa K. Photography is a splendid one to beholdMarissa K. Photography is a splendid one to beholdMarissa K. Photography is a splendid one to beholdMarissa K. Photography is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 4148

This is a great shot!! I would just suggest having her sit up a bit taller, shoulders back a little more, and the chin positioned slightly up. Great job!
Marissa K. Photography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011   #4
Alpaca

aabeckerman is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 12
Editing OK?: Ask first

Beautiful shot, just one thing that's bugging me. I probably notice it more because I'm a girl but keep an eye on your model's hair. While the model is beautiful, the hair in my opinion is a little unruly. Especially the flyaways next to the ear and on the top. Having them tamed gives the picture a more finished look. At least in my opinion.
aabeckerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011   #5
Guanaco

x372sailor has a brilliant futurex372sailor has a brilliant futurex372sailor has a brilliant futurex372sailor has a brilliant futurex372sailor has a brilliant futurex372sailor has a brilliant futurex372sailor has a brilliant futurex372sailor has a brilliant futurex372sailor has a brilliant futurex372sailor has a brilliant futurex372sailor has a brilliant future
CamelKarma: 13219

A beautifully lit, and sharp photo of a pretty girl.

I find the watermark very distracting. It is WAY too big and fights the photo for attention. If you MUST put anything on as a watermark, it should be subtle. If you are worried that someone will steal your photos, don't post them.

Just my $0.02 worth. A personal pet peeve.
x372sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011   #6
Llama

DanInSoCal is a splendid one to beholdDanInSoCal is a splendid one to beholdDanInSoCal is a splendid one to beholdDanInSoCal is a splendid one to beholdDanInSoCal is a splendid one to beholdDanInSoCal is a splendid one to beholdDanInSoCal is a splendid one to beholdDanInSoCal is a splendid one to beholdDanInSoCal is a splendid one to beholdDanInSoCal is a splendid one to beholdDanInSoCal is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 4838

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabeckerman View Post
Beautiful shot, just one thing that's bugging me. I probably notice it more because I'm a girl but keep an eye on your model's hair. While the model is beautiful, the hair in my opinion is a little unruly. Especially the flyaways next to the ear and on the top. Having them tamed gives the picture a more finished look. At least in my opinion.
Nope, definitely a consideration. I noticed it as well. And trust me, they are a bear to clean up in post-processing!

I agree with the shoulder comment.

Dan

http://www.dangehlhaar.com
DanInSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits / People »

Share this topic:

Tags
b&w, c&c, model, preteen, smile