Low key
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits (Advanced Critique)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2017   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 7693
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Low key

Old 01-08-2018   #2
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 604038
Default Re: Low key

I always love these type of images. This one seems to be more grey and a b&w. Play with your post processing more to see if you can get the highlights a tad brighter.
Hackbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1361723

If you look at the histogram there are very few pixels at or above the midpoint which is exactly what is wanted for a low key image. That said I think too much of the body and head fade into the background. Since your main light is camera left perhaps a reflector or other minimal source for fill on the subject only on the right side, not the background, would give a bit better separation.

I appreciate your comments.... Always.
Medowlark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018   #4
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1543000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medowlark View Post
If you look at the histogram there are very few pixels at or above the midpoint which is exactly what is wanted for a low key image. That said I think too much of the body and head fade into the background. Since your main light is camera left perhaps a reflector or other minimal source for fill on the subject only on the right side, not the background, would give a bit better separation.
I agree. But the BIG issue for me is that large blurred spot/area on the back of his hand!!!!!!!!!!!
Didereaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018   #5
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

The hand doesen't have even light. The black spot looks not so good.

Albume digitale | Foto video nunta Brasov | Foto nunta Brasov
compasiune11 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits (Advanced Critique) »

Share this topic: