My Son
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits (Advanced Critique)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2017   #1
pop
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 146118
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default My Son

Done some time ago. but I returned to it for a clean up.
Two light setup from memory. Looking at it now I can't see the background. I hope your monitor is better than the one I'm using in this net cafe!!
Have fun
ed

Old 04-28-2017   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6963754
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: My Son

I can't really see the background, so that must be what you want. The dual light work seems pretty good to me. There is a few little dots of light in his hair, and maybe that could use a few more to help make the hair stand out a touch more forms he background. But the biggest thing that grabbed me right away was the tightness of the left edge to his face. he has no room there, like he is trapped, and it traps the viewers eyes sort of.

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017   #3
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 750031
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
I can't really see the background, so that must be what you want. The dual light work seems pretty good to me. There is a few little dots of light in his hair, and maybe that could use a few more to help make the hair stand out a touch more forms he background. But the biggest thing that grabbed me right away was the tightness of the left edge to his face. he has no room there, like he is trapped, and it traps the viewers eyes sort of.
I agree. The lack of space on the left of the face was the very first thing I saw in the photo. Not the subject, not the lighting.... but the entire thing about to fall out of the frame. Other than that, I like the dramatic lighting a lot.
Old 06-20-2017   #4
Llama

CamelKarma: 5643692
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewman View Post
I agree. The lack of space on the left of the face was the very first thing I saw in the photo. Not the subject, not the lighting.... but the entire thing about to fall out of the frame. Other than that, I like the dramatic lighting a lot.

Ditto.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits (Advanced Critique) »

Share this topic: