Two More...
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits (Advanced Critique)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2017   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 1226
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Two More...

Key light into umbrella, two background lights, reflector, and I used my speed light as a hair light. Any advice is greatly appreciated, I can't see the things you can. Thank you!

This is the same setup but no hair light. She is a librarian and I imagined a work shot maybe for their webpage. Debated removing the shadow on the floor. Not sure if the book is distracting, it was my idea.

Old 05-15-2017   #2
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Two More...

On the first image, you should try getting the umbrella closer to the model. On the second image, the light is better
Old 05-20-2017   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 14080
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Two More...

On the first photo the lighting on the little girl is pleasing (although, it does seem to have a bit of a yellowish tinge to it) but I find the blinding white background for both photos just too much.

Helpful suggestions on how to improve my photographic skills always appreciated.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miatasrus
PhotogWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits (Advanced Critique) »

Share this topic: