PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Photography Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2006   #1
Bactrian

M. Worthington is a glorious beacon of lightM. Worthington is a glorious beacon of lightM. Worthington is a glorious beacon of lightM. Worthington is a glorious beacon of lightM. Worthington is a glorious beacon of lightM. Worthington is a glorious beacon of lightM. Worthington is a glorious beacon of lightM. Worthington is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1033
Default Bokeh - your best, please

I would appreciate seeing your best example of beautiful bokeh. I'm teaching a class on photography and would love to cull examples of great bokeh that my students could peruse in one thread. Thanks!

Old 04-30-2006   #2
Dromedary

dvdowns will become famous soon enough
CamelKarma: 57
Default Re: Bokeh - your best, please

I just posted this on another topic on my 18-200 Vr lens , I don't know how good you would rate it but could supply a full size image if necessary .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HG2 045.jpg (37.4 KB, 428 views)
Old 04-30-2006   #3
Former Camel

Rokcet Scientist is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 33

Would these help?

Rokcet Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #4
F1 Camel

Shortie is a glorious beacon of lightShortie is a glorious beacon of lightShortie is a glorious beacon of lightShortie is a glorious beacon of lightShortie is a glorious beacon of lightShortie is a glorious beacon of lightShortie is a glorious beacon of lightShortie is a glorious beacon of lightShortie is a glorious beacon of lightShortie is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1362

Just one of mine - if you want a full size let me know

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, but a few electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006   #5
F1 Camel

blumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorblumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorblumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorblumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorblumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorblumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorblumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorblumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorblumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorblumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorblumesan strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 661924
Editing OK?: Yes

Reasonably good bokeh in upper right, with exception of one reflex with dark center and bright circumfrence.

Last edited by blumesan; 03-05-2007 at 10:48 PM..
blumesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #6
Dromedary

dvdowns will become famous soon enough
CamelKarma: 57

So is Bokeh just the circles that appear or general " out of focus " ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wet 010.jpg (30.8 KB, 406 views)
Old 05-01-2006   #7
Guanaco

Driftwood has a spectacular aura aboutDriftwood has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 114
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
So is Bokeh just the circles that appear or general " out of focus " ?
Can somebody give an explanation of what is meant by Bokeh please. It is a term I have not* heard before.*

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-01-2006   #8
dc2
Photocamel Master

dc2 is a jewel in the roughdc2 is a jewel in the roughdc2 is a jewel in the rough
CamelKarma: 290

Try this
Click here: http://www.nemeng.com/leica/014e.shtml
Feel free to edit any of my photos<br />All comments welcome and appreciated<br />London England<br />Canon 1Ds2<br />I lost faith in religion as a child when I saw a lightning conductor being fitted to the local church.
RSPB Member.
dc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #9
Guanaco

Driftwood has a spectacular aura aboutDriftwood has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 114
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Try this
Click here: http://www.nemeng.com/leica/014e.shtml
Thanks.

That link gives a great explanation. Now if I could only afford a Leica!*
Old 05-01-2006   #10
Bactrian

cedric_r is a name known to allcedric_r is a name known to allcedric_r is a name known to allcedric_r is a name known to allcedric_r is a name known to allcedric_r is a name known to allcedric_r is a name known to allcedric_r is a name known to allcedric_r is a name known to allcedric_r is a name known to allcedric_r is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 1688
Editing OK?: Ask first

Not sure these are beautiful, but here are my proposals:

cedric_r is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Photography Talk »

Share this topic: