1\You are not a photographer!!
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 4051792
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default 1\You are not a photographer!!

Hi all

I just checked out this website and some photos are funny (especially when you remember that you did the same when you started). I thought of sharing it here as you might also like it.

You Are Not a Photographer | Exposing fauxtographers since 2011

I have tried to check if it is not allowed sharing websites in out forum, but couldn't find. So in case it is not allowed I hope the admin will remove the post.

Have a pleasant evening everyone..

Old 02-02-2014   #2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1411293
Default Re: 1\You are not a photographer!!

Such a thread is allowed. Kind of a fun site, though I am not familiar enough with copyright law to know whether the site is actually in compliance. I certainly wouldn't want my own work to appear on that site, especially without my permission, though I doubt that I have posted anything quite as bad as these. I'm taking the Fifth on the contents of my own private image stash. I also remember this site being mentioned on Photocamel before, so I searched for it. The result turned up two other threads where this site was mentioned:

In search for some inspiration with the first mention in post #6, and

Model doesn't like her pics first mentioning youarenotaphotographer.com in post #21.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 4051792

Good memory

Sure your photos where not there.. I just thought of sharing as it is sad that some people outside see those pics and still think they are amazing

It is not wrong to to start with mistakes, but just noted that some photos I see a lot of notes on and you find some people think it is amazing..
samerr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014   #4
Photocamel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by samerr9 View Post
Sure your photos where not there.. I just thought of sharing as it is sad that some people outside see those pics and still think they are amazing

It is not wrong to to start with mistakes, but just noted that some photos I see a lot of notes on and you find some people think it is amazing..
I didn't expect to find any of my own there. I suppose some people would like some of the photos displayed here; then again, there is no accounting for taste.

I looked at a few of the other pages on this site, including this one on editing. Some of the stuff makes sense, but the dogmatism in the advice renders questionable the advice on this page in particular and perhaps on the site as as a whole. Among other things, I questioned such the categorical statement that you aren't a professional if you use anything but RAW or you don't have Photoshop. For the record, I now use RAW for my shooting except for those instances in which I have good reason to believe that I won't be editing the result, and I refuse to use Adobe Photoshop because Adobe's past arrogance in its PostScript licensing conditions left a lasting bad taste in my mouth. I use Corel Paint Shop Pro for my light editing and PhotoPaint when I need to bring out the big color management guns. In my opinion, use whatever works for you and don't listen to a self-styled know-it-all such as the author of this page.
Old 02-03-2014   #5
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 9658601

Scoundrel, I must confess I didn't get any further than the page you reference.

The final straw was:- "You can sign up for Adobe’s Creative Cloud for an inexpensive monthly fee"
moonrakerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #6
Photocamel Master

Can't say I blame you for bailing.
Old 02-03-2014   #7
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 2939059
Editing OK?: Yes

OMG, some of these are hilarious!!
Old 02-03-2014   #8
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 1232477

That's true. Some are quite hilarious. OTOH, there's no rule against being a hilariously bad photographer is there? Especially for photographers who learn by example.
Mark
Mark Feldstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014   #9
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 341039

OMG, hilarious yes, and people pay good money for these.
Tannith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014   #10
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 4373477
Editing OK?: Yes

I hate sites based on making fun of other people/photographers.
Not sure why this jackass thinks he's the arbiter of photographerd-dom.

"It's all meaningless unless you know what it means"- Unknown
patterfr is online now   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk »

Share this topic: