PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013   #431
Dromedary

FotoNut strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFotoNut strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFotoNut strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFotoNut strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFotoNut strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFotoNut strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFotoNut strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFotoNut strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFotoNut strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFotoNut strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorFotoNut strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 467537
Default Re: What was your last photographic purchase?

Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro with built in focus motor.
FotoNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013   #432
F1 Camel

pro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 41201151

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoNut View Post
Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro with built in focus motor.
I've got that exact same lens. Your gonna' like it.
pro70z28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013   #433
Former Camel

Great Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreat Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreat Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreat Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreat Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreat Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreat Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreat Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreat Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreat Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreat Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 102701
Editing OK?: Ask first

Photographic Memory!
Great Pixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013   #434
F1 Camel

pro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorpro70z28 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

The tripod came today. Looks like a pretty solid unit for a backpack deal & it folds up to a fairly small package. I think I'm going to like it for macro stuff too.

Images taken with the GoPro so the legs look like funhouse legs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg myfoto 1.jpg (210.0 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg myfoto 2.jpg (170.5 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg myfoto 3.jpg (99.9 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg myfoto4.jpg (164.9 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg myfoto5.jpg (139.5 KB, 63 views)
Old 04-15-2013   #435
Vicuna

Scrt_Agent_Man is just really very very niceScrt_Agent_Man is just really very very niceScrt_Agent_Man is just really very very niceScrt_Agent_Man is just really very very niceScrt_Agent_Man is just really very very niceScrt_Agent_Man is just really very very niceScrt_Agent_Man is just really very very niceScrt_Agent_Man is just really very very niceScrt_Agent_Man is just really very very niceScrt_Agent_Man is just really very very niceScrt_Agent_Man is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 88768
Editing OK?: Yes

Nikon D7000 which happened to show up today.
Nikon D7000 - Nikon D40x - Nikkor AF-S 35mm f/1.8G - Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8D - Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 - Nikkor 180mm f/2.8 - Nikkor AF 300mm f/4 ED - Tamron 10-24mm DiII f/3.5-4.5 - Tamron 18-270mm Di ii VC - Nikon SB600 - Neewer 900w 300DI Strobe Kit - ProMaster Extension tube set (12/24/36) - Giottos MM9750 Monopod - Sunpak 7500TM Tripod - Velbon CX-470 Deluxe Tripod - Generic MX-1000 Tripod- Naneu U120n - Domke Oupack Photo Daypack (For Sale)- Lowepro Rezo 190AW
Scrt_Agent_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013   #436
Alpaca

Bryank930 is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10

EF 85mm f/1.8
Bryank930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013   #437
Former Camel

Great Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreat Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreat Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreat Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreat Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreat Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreat Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreat Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreat Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreat Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorGreat Pixel strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 102701

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro70z28 View Post
The tripod came today. Looks like a pretty solid unit for a backpack deal & it folds up to a fairly small package. I think I'm going to like it for macro stuff too.

Images taken with the GoPro so the legs look like funhouse legs.
How does the ball head work, it looks like it wont support a DSLR with a heavy pro lens very well. have you tried with tghe camera tilter into a portrait angle yet? Is it steady and can the head keep a tight grip on the camera body?
Great Pixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013   #438
Alpaca

robertt is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 23

Nikon D7100
Spare battery
Sandisk 32gb pro sd card
robertt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013   #439
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pixel View Post
How does the ball head work, it looks like it wont support a DSLR with a heavy pro lens very well. have you tried with tghe camera tilter into a portrait angle yet? Is it steady and can the head keep a tight grip on the camera body?
I figured I might have to exchange the ball head for something more substantial, but after using it a little I think I might keep it. It holds my D5100 w/ 70-300 zoom lens & a 2.2x telephoto screwed to the end of that. That's 12'' of body & lens from the mounting screw & it holds it fine. As a matter of fact I have to loosen the screw slightly in order to move it.
My experience with ball heads is they are either tight or loose, no in between. But yesterday I had my 90mm macro lens on it with the ball screw slightly loose. I was adjusting the camera to compose shots moving it up, down & sideways, even back & forth from landscape to portrait & the camera stayed where ever I put it without the need to retighten the screw. I was surprised for a tripod that's under 200bux. As easy as it handles my camera with very little ball screw pressure, I'm sure it could handle a heavier camera than mine with no problem. Rated @17.6 lbs. cap. It also has a hook to hang weight for more stability. I bought the aluminum unit, but they make a carbon fiber one also. I don't usually rave over equipment, but this deal really surprised me for the price.
If there's one gripe I have it's the mounting screw holding the quick release plate to the camera works loose easily. Probably because the pad is smaller than the other tripods @ 2''x1.5''. It comes with 4 oval countersunk rubber pads on the plates face which cover maybe 50% of the matting surface. If they would have put a solid rubber pad on the plate I think it would hold much better. The Plate goes in the holder either way, so I guess if you remember to install it so it tightens the screw when the lens is hanging out there in portrait position there'd be no problem. But, engineering it right would have been a better solution. I have an Idea that may fix the problem. If it works I'll post what I did.
They make a heavier duty model, this is the mid range unit. But, the big one is...well....bigger & heavier & I wanted something for the backpack. This one with a little tweaking should work well, I Hope.
Old 04-18-2013   #440
Alpaca

Cali-kid is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10

Phottix Odin wireless flash triggers. Excellent buy!!!

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk »

Share this topic: