PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
PhotoCamel Directory Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Photography Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011   #1
Camel Breath

Douglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 369125
Editing OK?: Yes
Default How much did I shoot in Bejing?

How Much Did I Shoot in Beijing? Vincent Laforet's Blog

Older blog article. It was posted today on facebook by borrowlenses.com. I guess you can say this is in response to the machine gun shooting, but really its for anyone who feels they are bad because they delete so many of their shots.

Old 07-13-2011   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

cyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1068325
Editing OK?: No

Great, Douglas, now everyone's going to shoot like that since Vincent Laforet and Sports Illustrated do it that way. Think of all the dead pixels that could have been spared.

Actually, I already shoot like crazy and probably will continue. I noticed that I shoot even more now after spending a number of days around the SI guys the past few years. "Shoot through, shoot through!"

Posted via tablet using Tapatalk
cyclohexane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011   #3
Dromedary

prohobo has a reputation beyond reputeprohobo has a reputation beyond reputeprohobo has a reputation beyond reputeprohobo has a reputation beyond reputeprohobo has a reputation beyond reputeprohobo has a reputation beyond reputeprohobo has a reputation beyond reputeprohobo has a reputation beyond reputeprohobo has a reputation beyond reputeprohobo has a reputation beyond reputeprohobo has a reputation beyond repute
CamelKarma: 25020
Default Re: How much did I shoot in Bejing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclohexane View Post
Great, Douglas, now everyone's going to shoot like that since Vincent Laforet and Sports Illustrated do it that way. Think of all the dead pixels that could have been spared.

Actually, I already shoot like crazy and probably will continue. I noticed that I shoot even more now after spending a number of days around the SI guys the past few years. "Shoot through, shoot through!"

Posted via tablet using Tapatalk
That's how I shoot after my second trip to Monster Jam, first trip I shot almost the entire time. Then the second trip i was gonna try for the high points. So I'd get the picture of them in the air, bring my camera down and wait for the next jump, but then they'd crash in spectacular fashion.... and I'd miss it. So now I shoot till I see them safely on the ground, then wait...
prohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011   #4
Camel Breath

Douglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDouglas strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

Memory cards are cheap. And you can always delete.
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011   #5
Photocamel Master

cyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1068325
Editing OK?: No

Memory cards are cheap, and storage is also cheap.

The time spent deleting the bad ones, not always so cheap. With the free-falling cost of hard drives, depending on how much you make shooting and editing, or just how much you make, it's not even cost effective to delete the bad images.
cyclohexane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011   #6
Bactrian

studiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nicestudiozahzah is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 58552

First, I am guilty of frickin' laughing out loud reading this blog. Second, I am guilty of "chimping." Which brings me to third, frickin' laughing out loud at myself for those times I was "chimping."
Oly E-3, Oly E-30, little broken Oly E-510...Zuiko 50 mm...Zuiko 14-54mm...Zuiko 50-200mm...Zuiko 12-60mm...Rokinon 8mm fisheye...Rokinon 85mm...a little Topaz, a little NIK...FL-36R & Nissin Di466 flashes...Polaris light meter...Flashpoint II monolights, softbox, umbrella, beauty dish...assorted barndoors, snoots, gels and a variety of DIY photography "helpers" and gadgets all conspiring together to confuse and trick me.

Renata
studiozahzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011   #7
Bactrian

FAPhoto is a glorious beacon of lightFAPhoto is a glorious beacon of lightFAPhoto is a glorious beacon of lightFAPhoto is a glorious beacon of lightFAPhoto is a glorious beacon of lightFAPhoto is a glorious beacon of lightFAPhoto is a glorious beacon of lightFAPhoto is a glorious beacon of lightFAPhoto is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

Older blog article. It was posted today on facebook by borrowlenses.com. I guess you can say this is in response to the machine gun shooting, but really its for anyone who feels they are bad because they delete so many of their shots.
thats insane.
FAPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011   #8
Alpaca

JustBill is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

I don't enjoy spending that much time in front of the computer to start with. That is some serious work in front of him just a get an idea of what he has, let alone the actual editing.
JustBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011   #9
Dromedary

richardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorrichardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorrichardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorrichardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorrichardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorrichardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorrichardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorrichardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorrichardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorrichardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorrichardpcrowe strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 313787

The wonderful thing about digital photography is that we can afford to shoot as much as we want, to try new things and to make minute changes in composition or exposure that might just put our images over the top.

I usually edit my images down to about 5% of what I shoot. that is not to say that 95% are bad. Many images like those I shot of the Great Wall of China are IMO excellent but, I happen to like other images better.

Richard Crowe
Escondido, California
richardpcrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011   #10
Camel Breath

Agreed. I will delete ones that are ok, but not the level I like. Or I will delete images that are redundant, or theres an element in the image that doesnt work for me. I might take 300 shots at a hockey game and narrow them down to 50 I like. And then still weed out from there.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Photography Talk »

Share this topic: