PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Photography Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010   #1
Alpaca

aivzdog is just really very very niceaivzdog is just really very very niceaivzdog is just really very very niceaivzdog is just really very very niceaivzdog is just really very very niceaivzdog is just really very very niceaivzdog is just really very very niceaivzdog is just really very very niceaivzdog is just really very very niceaivzdog is just really very very niceaivzdog is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 48329
Default John Deere Photo Contest

Take and enter your photos into the first John Deere photo contest. The deadline is July 1st so get those photos in! I may even enter. John Deere MachineFinder Ultimate Fan Photo Contest | John Deere MachineFinder

Goodluck!
Anna

Old 06-17-2010   #2
Llama

RocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 287674
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: John Deere Photo Contest

I just submitted this one, for fun:
Misc.: Other stuff, as needed.

Web: Los Angeles area photographer Rick Dickinson: CrayonPhotos.com.
Twitter: Follow photographer Rick Dickinson.
Facebook: CrayonPhotos.com.
RocketRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010   #3
Vicuna

Pixart has a spectacular aura aboutPixart has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 129
Editing OK?: No

Quick! Enter here, check this box and give me permission to exploit your photo any way I want even if I don't give you a prize! This will save me, John Deere, thousands of dollars in artist realted expenses!!! Whoo-hoo!!! I can't believe noone reads these contest rules. I'll NEVER hire a photographer again.

"By checking this box, you agree that Deere & Company, its agents or assigns, has my permission to use my name; my statement(s); my endorsement of the equipment described below; and photographs (in any or all of the following media or formats: still, motion picture, video, television and/or in any other media or format, electronic or otherwise, as currently exists or which becomes available in the future) of me; my equipment and/or work site for advertising and publicity."
Old 06-17-2010   #4
Llama

RocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRocketRick strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 287674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixart View Post
Quick! Enter here, check this box and give me permission to exploit your photo any way I want even if I don't give you a prize! This will save me, John Deere, thousands of dollars in artist realted expenses!!! Whoo-hoo!!! I can't believe noone reads these contest rules. I'll NEVER hire a photographer again.

"By checking this box, you agree that Deere & Company, its agents or assigns, has my permission to use my name; my statement(s); my endorsement of the equipment described below; and photographs (in any or all of the following media or formats: still, motion picture, video, television and/or in any other media or format, electronic or otherwise, as currently exists or which becomes available in the future) of me; my equipment and/or work site for advertising and publicity."
Yeah, I saw that, and I decided anyway to send them a random snapshot I happened to have handy, that I never expect to ever sell to anyone, just for giggles.

If they exploit that picture, they are welcome to it. I honestly don't mind. When I saw the subject of the "contest", I remembered that I had shot a few photos of the tractors tending to the race track surface when I was out at Santa Anita shooting an event for my wife's high school alumni association. It's not a photo I had any intention or expectation of getting anything out of, and I simply submitted it as a "throwaway" for grins.

Of course, now the gloom and doom prophets are going to explain how, by doing so, I'm ruining life for all commercial photographers everywhere, lowering the nation's GDP, and hastening the heat death of the universe, or something. I don't buy it, and I think you're being silly. Submitting a throwaway snapshot of a tractor to an online contest -- that I know I'll never see a dime from, no matter what happens -- does nothing to help or hurt anyone, beyond giving me a bit of a giggle for thinking that someone might be interested in seeing it.

It isn't high art, and it's not even very good photography. It just happened to be a Deere I snapshot, and I thought "what the heck -- someone wants to see Deere photos". I'm not out any money, and neither is anyone else. They certainly weren't going to pay me or anyone else, that's for sure.

We now return to your regularly scheduled grumbling....

- Rick
Misc.: Other stuff, as needed.

Web: Los Angeles area photographer Rick Dickinson: CrayonPhotos.com.
Twitter: Follow photographer Rick Dickinson.
Facebook: CrayonPhotos.com.
RocketRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010   #5
Dromedary

ront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 12422

Well. I sent these, if I did it right.

Ron

Sony A700; Sony f36A & Sony F42A; KM 28-75; Sony 100 macro; Sony 18-250; Tamron 70-300; Tamron 200-500mm; Minolta 50 f1.7, Canon s90
ront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010   #6
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
F1 Camel

kenwae strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkenwae strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkenwae strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkenwae strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkenwae strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkenwae strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkenwae strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkenwae strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkenwae strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkenwae strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorkenwae strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 648468
Editing OK?: Ask first

those are some nice shots Ron.....
www.mauiislandportraits.com
www.facebook.com/mauiislandportraits
www.mauiportraitphotographer.com
www.kenfieldsphotography.com
www.facebook.com/kenfieldsphotography

kenwae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010   #7
Alpaca

machinefinder is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixart View Post

Pixart - while I understand concerns I can also say that we're only showcasing these photos on MachineFinder and certainly crediting sources wherever possible.

Please take a look at some of our other blog posts that illustrate this practice.

Thanks everyone who has started submitting; it's looking great!
machinefinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010   #8
Vicuna

jeff martin has a spectacular aura aboutjeff martin has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 108

"Pixart - while I understand concerns I can also say that we're only showcasing these photos on MachineFinder"

It would be nice if the release was limited to ONLY this usage.
jeff martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010   #9
Dromedary

ront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud ofront has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 12422

Thanks Ken!

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwae View Post
those are some nice shots Ron.....

Sony A700; Sony f36A & Sony F42A; KM 28-75; Sony 100 macro; Sony 18-250; Tamron 70-300; Tamron 200-500mm; Minolta 50 f1.7, Canon s90
ront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010   #10
Vicuna

jeff martin has a spectacular aura aboutjeff martin has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 108

Ront, I meant to comment on your images also.....Nice!!

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > The Photographer > Photography Talk »

Share this topic: