PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Pets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2007   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

Ken-L has much to be proud ofKen-L has much to be proud ofKen-L has much to be proud ofKen-L has much to be proud ofKen-L has much to be proud ofKen-L has much to be proud ofKen-L has much to be proud ofKen-L has much to be proud ofKen-L has much to be proud ofKen-L has much to be proud ofKen-L has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 11763
Editing OK?: No
Default Chocolat (Feral) a hard to shoot cat.....

Chocolat is about 6 years old......she is feisty, usually constant motion, and camera-shy.

An artist says a hard thing in a simple way." - Bukowski

Nikon D700 Nikkors: 35/f2D, 16-35/f4VR, 28-300VR, 70-300VR.
Feisol CT-1471 Monopod Manfrotto 190CXPro4 Tripod w/496RC2 Ballhead
Gitzo 1325 Mountaineer Tripod w/ReallyRightStuff BH-55 Ballhead
My Website http://kensphotos.weebly.com
or
View My Photos at http://flickr.com/photos/ken-l/collections
Ken-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #2
F1 Camel

whaas2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwhaas2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwhaas2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwhaas2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwhaas2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwhaas2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwhaas2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwhaas2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwhaas2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwhaas2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorwhaas2 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 587701
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Chocolat (Feral) a hard to shoot cat.....

Very interesting coloring on that "black" cat. Could some of that coloring be caused by the sun? Could she be a "smoke" having a very light colored undercoat? About how far away were you when you took this shot? I volunteer to help get cats adopted at a local animal shelter and as a cat salesman I am trying to learn as much as I can about them. I think that a good salesman needs to know his product.
whaas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #3
Former Camel

easypickings is a name known to alleasypickings is a name known to alleasypickings is a name known to alleasypickings is a name known to alleasypickings is a name known to alleasypickings is a name known to alleasypickings is a name known to alleasypickings is a name known to alleasypickings is a name known to alleasypickings is a name known to alleasypickings is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 1887
Editing OK?: Ask first

Usually a lack of a certain chemical, I can't remember right now what it's called, will turn a black cat's fur a liver colour. I'll see if I can find the name of it. She's a beauty btw, looks like one of the ferals we have at work.

Edit: Found it actually.. here's the link: What makes a black cat's coat turn reddish brown?

It's an amino acid called Tyrosine
easypickings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #4
F1 Camel

Bunny N has a brilliant futureBunny N has a brilliant futureBunny N has a brilliant futureBunny N has a brilliant futureBunny N has a brilliant futureBunny N has a brilliant futureBunny N has a brilliant futureBunny N has a brilliant futureBunny N has a brilliant futureBunny N has a brilliant futureBunny N has a brilliant future
CamelKarma: 19107
Editing OK?: Yes

So far my favorite of all your ferals. She can come live with me.

Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom. Aristotle
ΓΝΩΘΙ ΣΑΥΤΟΝ

The Daily Bun Spot

Bun Spot Boutique
Bunny N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #5
Photocamel Master

Ken-L has much to be proud ofKen-L has much to be proud ofKen-L has much to be proud ofKen-L has much to be proud ofKen-L has much to be proud ofKen-L has much to be proud ofKen-L has much to be proud ofKen-L has much to be proud ofKen-L has much to be proud ofKen-L has much to be proud ofKen-L has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaas2 View Post
Very interesting coloring on that "black" cat. Could some of that coloring be caused by the sun? Could she be a "smoke" having a very light colored undercoat? About how far away were you when you took this shot? I volunteer to help get cats adopted at a local animal shelter and as a cat salesman I am trying to learn as much as I can about them. I think that a good salesman needs to know his product.
Chocolat is a "brown" cat......she used to be the same medium brown all over, except for a little tuft of lighter fur on her upper chest, but during the past year her color has changed to what you see now! She did not have a lighter undercoat.

I took that shot from about 30 feet, through a dirty double-glazed door at an angle....at 185mm (277mm on 35mm camera).

Chocolat is from a litter of four from Bullseye(long gone)....her siblings were Tiger, Gracie and Cream-puff - only Tiger and Chocolat are still around....... I don't have a shot of Cream-puff and her "coloring" made her one of the homeliest looking cats I have ever seen!

This shot was taken 2006-12-29 15:43:30

Tiger

Gracie

or
Old 12-30-2007   #6
Photocamel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by easypickings View Post
..... She's a beauty btw, looks like one of the ferals we have at work.....
Thank you!

or
Old 12-30-2007   #7
Photocamel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny N View Post
So far my favorite of all your ferals. She can come live with me.
Thank you Bunny!

If you get close enough to her and gently extend your hand toward her she will reward you
with a very fast clawing of that hand, guaranteed to draw blood.......

An artist says a hard thing in a simple way." - Bukowski

or

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Pets »

Share this topic: