Winter Foster Kittens
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Pets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2018   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1215285
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Winter Foster Kittens

Here are photos of kittens that we took into foster care at the end of January, 2018. In this photo they are 6 weeks old and very playful. To be adopted by the shelter they have to be at least 8 weeks old. 2 lbs. in weight, and in good health. Our job, as foster parents, is to keep them in good health, give them a carefree early kittenhood, and prepare them for a life as loving pets. They are torbies, and hence sisters. They are not afraid of us and are very playfull. We hope that they will get adopted our together when the time comes.

File Type: jpg KITB1S1X1.jpg (131.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg KITD1S1X1.jpg (149.1 KB, 37 views)
whaas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 681050
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Winter Foster Kittens

It must be a challenge to learn what makes each cat or kitten tick as often as you do. Every cat that has lived with me is so different personality-wise. I hope someone will take the two of them together. I imagine the list of people willing to take that responsibility is fairly small.

Those two are really cute.
Gregw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 196832621
Editing OK?: Yes

Nice shots. They are very cute for sure.
Old 02-01-2018   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1215285
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregw View Post
It must be a challenge to learn what makes each cat or kitten tick as often as you do. Every cat that has lived with me is so different personality-wise. I hope someone will take the two of them together. I imagine the list of people willing to take that responsibility is fairly small.

Those two are really cute.
The shelter pushes the idea of getting two kittens. They have posters up promoting the idea and they give a $30 discount on the second kitten. At some events they have a two for one sale for cats and kittens. Once in a while they will list a pair of kittens as a bonded pair and require that the two get adopted together. We have fostered more than 400 over the years and quite a few have been adopted out together. I know of one case where a three kitten litter got adopted out to the same family all together. Later that same family adopted a forth kitten but from a different litter. Some of the kittens get adopted to be a companion for another animal. Some people will chose one from one litter and one from another. The shleter is real strict on adoptions and many people are turned down. The shelter wants to make sure that the kittens get adopted into a safe environment.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Pets »

Share this topic: