pentax off camera flash issue.
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 32
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default pentax off camera flash issue.

I have a pentax k110d. I'm using a hot shoe to pc adaptor to fire some off camera strobes. The problem is the strobes will fire once, and it won't fire again unless I disconnect then reconnect the pc cord. I use the same setup with my Canon rebel xt and have no problems. Any Idea why this is happening? The sync voltage is 5.1 volts.

Old 10-03-2008   #2
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 72
Default Re: pentax off camera flash issue.

better late than never...your sync voltage is fine....if everything works for canon and fails on the pentax...what strobes are you using? Are they sending a terminate signal to your pentax --- zero voltage to reset on camera micro relay? Check with a DC voltage meter to see if you do get a zero voltage signal from the flash unit and that you really are getting the nominal <6volt DC during firing of the flash and it does not spike to some crazy figure. I don't know anything about the two cameras you have, but know the electronics generally involved for flash setups involving DSLR's.
CraziestOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012   #3
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 901196
Default Re: pentax off camera flash issue.

moved to the pentax board ..

Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax »

Share this topic: