pentax off camera flash issue.
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2008   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 32
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default pentax off camera flash issue.

I have a pentax k110d. I'm using a hot shoe to pc adaptor to fire some off camera strobes. The problem is the strobes will fire once, and it won't fire again unless I disconnect then reconnect the pc cord. I use the same setup with my Canon rebel xt and have no problems. Any Idea why this is happening? The sync voltage is 5.1 volts.

Old 10-03-2008   #2
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 72
Default Re: pentax off camera flash issue.

better late than never...your sync voltage is fine....if everything works for canon and fails on the pentax...what strobes are you using? Are they sending a terminate signal to your pentax --- zero voltage to reset on camera micro relay? Check with a DC voltage meter to see if you do get a zero voltage signal from the flash unit and that you really are getting the nominal <6volt DC during firing of the flash and it does not spike to some crazy figure. I don't know anything about the two cameras you have, but know the electronics generally involved for flash setups involving DSLR's.
CraziestOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012   #3
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 901196
Default Re: pentax off camera flash issue.

moved to the pentax board ..

Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax »

Share this topic: