My favorite lens keeps changing!
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 744896
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No
Default My favorite lens keeps changing!

Just when I think I've decided which lens is my most favorite, suddenly I change my mind!

Currently, it's my Pentax DA 18-135mm. Not long before that, it was my Sigma 70-300mm Macro. I still have several "favorites, but I'd be hard-pressed to single any one of them out as my "Most Favorite."

I've still got a Pentax DA 18-250mm that I've yet to put through it's paces. I'm going to put it on one of my K-30 bodies and leave it there and force myself to take it along on some of my occasional excursions. I've shot a few test shots and they all look good.... nice and sharp, although it starts to fall off a little at the far end.

I've got some nice older Pentax glass that will pretty much hold their own against just about any of the newer lenses. Some of the "F" and "FA" series lenses are absolutely remarkable!

But, at least I can say I've culled out all the "less-than-acceptable" paper weights I've had for far too long!

Dewman is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax »

Share this topic: