Looking for a Pentax 18-55mm lens part!
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2017   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 750031
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No
Default Looking for a Pentax 18-55mm lens part!

I need the dust bezel for the mount on a SMC Pentax DAL 18-55mm kit lens. The rest of the lens can be totally trashed, I only need the dust bezel from the mount. I have a White Stormtrooper K-30 and would like to repair the companion white kit lens that came with it.

You would think such a small, insignificant part would be easy to find, but none of the regular camera repair outlets or Ricoh Corp. will even discuss the matter with me!

Ugh!

Anyway, if any of you can help, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks,
Dewman (Dewey, Nampa, Idaho)

Dewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6964240
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Looking for a Pentax 18-55mm lens part!

What does the dust bezel look like? Not really sure what it does or is....

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 194567436
Editing OK?: Yes

I wonder if you should consider looking at the used / requiring repair ads in eBay and / or Craigslist for another 18-55 lens to strip for parts?
Old 04-04-2017   #4
Guanaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
What does the dust bezel look like? Not really sure what it does or is....
It is the cover that goes inside the locking lugs on the mount. It's to keep dust out of the inner works of the lens. As you can see, it's missing on this lens.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP1653 pp.jpg (453.9 KB, 34 views)
Old 04-04-2017   #5
Guanaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfd View Post
I wonder if you should consider looking at the used / requiring repair ads in eBay and / or Craigslist for another 18-55 lens to strip for parts?
Yep, tried that with no luck so far. So, I figured I'd cover all the bases just in case someone here might happen to have an old, trashed lens I could harvest a dust bezel from.
Old 04-10-2017   #6
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 596039

no idea if i still have one left lying around as i have disassembled 1 18-55 kit lens to remove the thin metal strip spacer underneath the mount.. turns out those electronic pins are way too difficult to return once removed.. anyway that lens stayed disassembled not sure however where i put it. will be glad to send it to you if i can find it later when i return home in a couple of hours.
post whatever is in your mind no matter how unbearable it is to others, no matter if they are in authority, or a forum bully or simply a sour troll. In the end you can't please everyone and may annoy some but that is what a forum should be, an open discussion complete with trolls all over.
moodless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017   #7
Guanaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodless View Post
no idea if i still have one left lying around as i have disassembled 1 18-55 kit lens to remove the thin metal strip spacer underneath the mount.. turns out those electronic pins are way too difficult to return once removed.. anyway that lens stayed disassembled not sure however where i put it. will be glad to send it to you if i can find it later when i return home in a couple of hours.

I would be eternally grateful! Thanks for your generosity and kindness.

Old 04-10-2017   #8
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 3654356
Editing OK?: Yes

Is this what you're looking for?

Pentax 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 SMC DA AL WR K Mount Autofocus Lens For APS-C Sensor DSLRS

https://www.keh.com/shop/pentax-smc-...zoom-lens.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewman View Post
I need the dust bezel for the mount on a SMC Pentax DAL 18-55mm kit lens. The rest of the lens can be totally trashed, I only need the dust bezel from the mount. I have a White Stormtrooper K-30 and would like to repair the companion white kit lens that came with it.

You would think such a small, insignificant part would be easy to find, but none of the regular camera repair outlets or Ricoh Corp. will even discuss the matter with me!

Ugh!

Anyway, if any of you can help, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks,
Never argue with an idiot! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience..

Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/90957342@N08/
Erich1B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017   #9
Guanaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich1B View Post
Is this what you're looking for?

Pentax 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 SMC DA AL WR K Mount Autofocus Lens For APS-C Sensor DSLRS

https://www.keh.com/shop/pentax-smc-...zoom-lens.html

No.... I have four of those lenses. I need only the dust bezel for the mount. It's a small, plastic "ring" that closed off the opening into the lens body, thus the "dust bezel" moniker.

Thanks, just the same.
Old 04-11-2017   #10
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 596039

he is referring to what is commonly called as a rear lens baffle.. i normally remove mine on my apsc lenses so that i could use it on full frame bodies..

well anyway i think he is reffering to this;

it is just fixed in place by 3 plastic clips

and this is how it would look like on a pentax kit lens..this lens is what i previously use on my IR converted panasonic GF-1 before i got the 17mm oly lens. (notice i already lost all the contact pins on this lens)

i cant find my other 18-55 with the green ring but that one has a metal mount (other than the metal mount, i dont see any optical difference between both kit lenses)

@Dewman
you can try and pm me your maiing address and i'll post it to you by registered mail.. it may take sometime though as i am living in Asia (Singapore) (2-3 weeks for mail to get to wherever you may be)

post whatever is in your mind no matter how unbearable it is to others, no matter if they are in authority, or a forum bully or simply a sour troll. In the end you can't please everyone and may annoy some but that is what a forum should be, an open discussion complete with trolls all over.
moodless is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax »

Share this topic: