The best bargain from Pentax in years!
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 694485
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No
Default The best bargain from Pentax in years!

I don't know how many of you Pentaxians have the SMC Pentax-DA 50mm f:1.8 lens, but if you don't, you're missing out on one of the most outstanding lenses Pentax has offered in many, many years!

They're now available for under $100.00 and it's worth every single penny! Outstandingly sharp, the color rendition and saturation is mind-blowing and the bokeh from it's seven rounded aperture blades is absolutely stellar! This little lens is so sharp, you can crop your images drastically and it almost will serve as a macro lens! Yep, it's THAT sharp! Actually, almost TOO sharp for a portrait lens!

It has the fairly new SMC-SP lens coating to which Pentax attributes the lenses amazing color characteristics.

Here's the stats and reviews from the Pentax Forum:
http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensrevi...50mm-f1.8.html

.... and NO, I'm not a shill for Pentax. I just thought I'd pass along this endorsement for this super little lens in case any of you are looking for the best 50mm prime on the market for under a C-note!

Trust me.... you WILL NOT be disappointed! A killer lens, all the way around!

Dewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #2
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 596039
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: The best bargain from Pentax in years!

the DA 50 1.8 is a good lens, however, it is very difficult if you need to adapt it to a mirrorless body which i am doing right now since it does not have the aperture ring like the older D-FA 50 1.8.

but if you are going to use it primarily on a pentax body, one should own it. a lot less noisier than the older D-FA 50 1.8
post whatever is in your mind no matter how unbearable it is to others, no matter if they are in authority, or a forum bully or simply a sour troll. In the end you can't please everyone and may annoy some but that is what a forum should be, an open discussion complete with trolls all over.
moodless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #3
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 694485
Constructive Critique?: No
Default Re: The best bargain from Pentax in years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodless View Post
the DA 50 1.8 is a good lens, however, it is very difficult if you need to adapt it to a mirrorless body which i am doing right now since it does not have the aperture ring like the older D-FA 50 1.8.

but if you are going to use it primarily on a pentax body, one should own it. a lot less noisier than the older D-FA 50 1.8
I have a Pentax-F 50mm f:1.4 that is remarkably quiet and oh so sharp! A fairly rare lens that I stumbled upon at a yard sale! A superb lens, but I don't think it renders colors nearly as good as the DA 1.8.

A lot of folks seem to think highly of it. https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensrev...-Lens.html#top

Dewman is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax »

Share this topic: