PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
✌(◕‿-)✌

_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 6873702
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Optio WG2

The Optio WG2 unveiling.
Available March 2012

Priced at $349.95 USD

while the Optio WG-2 GPS will be priced at $399.95 USD
Full Press release

Features:
Waterproof to 40 Feet,
New Backlit 16 MP Sensor
Shoots 1080p Video
Six LED Lights
Optional SportMount Chest Harness

Shockproof design protects camera drop up to 5 feet.
Crushproof construction withstands weights up to 220 LBF (pound-force).
Coldproof to sub-freezing temps of minus 10 degrees C (14 degrees F).
Dustproof design protects the camera from dry, dusty environments.
Wide angle 5X internal optical zoom lens (28-140mm equivalent).
Large 3 inch LCD features HVGA resolution (460,000 dots) and anti-reflective coating on its protective cover.
Hardened cover with SP coating protects internal lens elements.
An HDMI port (Micro, Type-D) plays back beautiful, high definition images and video on HDTVs.
Pixel Track, Digital, and Movie Shake Reduction ensure sharp, blur-free images and video.
Fast Face Detection technology including Smile Capture and Blink Detection to capture perfect portraits.
A Handheld Night Snap mode produces a single blur-free, composite image from four images of the same scene.
An autofocus assist lamp helps to quickly and accurately focus.
Extended dynamic range helps bring out extra highlight and shadow detail.
PENTAX infrared remote control compatibility for remote shooting.
GPS and non-GPS versions are available in several new stylish color options.

So is anyone going to get one?
I have the W90 which was replaced by the WG1
and now the 3rd generation WG2 is coming to light.

Old 02-08-2012   #2
Vicuna

bogiesbad is a jewel in the roughbogiesbad is a jewel in the roughbogiesbad is a jewel in the rough
CamelKarma: 297
Default Re: Optio WG2

I got a W80 for the wife and sailing/boating and generally like the IQ set at 7mp. and love the video. I wish Pentax would stop the pixel stacking as I think the IQ suffers the more they cram on that tiny sensor.
I will look closely at this one with the Backlit sensor though...the other features are very desirable as well.

Pentax has announced some new lenses for DSLR...560mm 5.6 is one.
bogiesbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #3
✌(◕‿-)✌

_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor_Provo_ strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

I might have to upgrade my optio w90 to this one seriously.
The full hd video would be a huge bonus for underwater shots
the w90 does great for video as I have posted here but
since this offers a better sensor and better sensitivity with noise
reduction I'd it's a win win.
_Provo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #4
Alpaca

MoebiusStreet is a splendid one to beholdMoebiusStreet is a splendid one to beholdMoebiusStreet is a splendid one to beholdMoebiusStreet is a splendid one to beholdMoebiusStreet is a splendid one to beholdMoebiusStreet is a splendid one to beholdMoebiusStreet is a splendid one to beholdMoebiusStreet is a splendid one to beholdMoebiusStreet is a splendid one to beholdMoebiusStreet is a splendid one to beholdMoebiusStreet is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 5537

It seems that WG-1 cameras are way discounted right now, I guess because of this. I just ordered myself one, due to arrive today, for just $200. The only meaningful differences I see are 1080p video (rather than 720p) and an extra 2m of water resistance.

I'm off to Jamaica in two weeks, planning to do some snorkeling, and hope to get some use out of it then. Of course, I have absolutely no experience with underwater photography, so it will be more learning than anything else, I expect.
MoebiusStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012   #5
Photocamel Master

Dirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 810509
Editing OK?: Ask first

Josh i think it is a great upgrade . you could also giuve the old one to your wife or evt kids and shoot each other in a great surrounding
Old 02-11-2012   #6
✌(◕‿-)✌

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
Josh i think it is a great upgrade . you could also giuve the old one to your wife or evt kids and shoot each other in a great surrounding

Dirk she does like to use the w90 for it's ease of use, she has taken some really good images I will show you a few for example.

All are unedited taken with the Pentax w90 just image size reduction in photoshop for online posting.

1st one is a flower I took this one

All of these below are taken by my wife.

_Provo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #7
Photocamel Master

Dirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 810509
Editing OK?: Ask first

well than that is sorted your wife gets the old one , you buy the new one and both of you are happy ..

like te parrot and the snake the best , but your shot of the flower aint bad either albeit i would crop it so that the flower pops up more .. but that's me

Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax Forum »

Share this topic: