PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2005   #1
Vicuna

joelw135 will become famous soon enough
CamelKarma: 88
Default Battery Grip for ist DS

I heard in another forum that there is a battery grip for the DS made by a third party and not Pentax. Does someone have a link to this product?

Nikon D90, Battery Grip and Sigma 18-250 VR
Old 08-22-2009   #2
Former Camel

spystyle is a splendid one to beholdspystyle is a splendid one to beholdspystyle is a splendid one to beholdspystyle is a splendid one to beholdspystyle is a splendid one to beholdspystyle is a splendid one to beholdspystyle is a splendid one to beholdspystyle is a splendid one to beholdspystyle is a splendid one to beholdspystyle is a splendid one to beholdspystyle is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 3200
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Battery Grip for ist DS

Here

Unfortunately it's like $125

$125 grip for a $200 camera ()
Old 08-23-2009   #3
Guanaco

Ben_V is a splendid one to beholdBen_V is a splendid one to beholdBen_V is a splendid one to beholdBen_V is a splendid one to beholdBen_V is a splendid one to beholdBen_V is a splendid one to beholdBen_V is a splendid one to beholdBen_V is a splendid one to beholdBen_V is a splendid one to beholdBen_V is a splendid one to beholdBen_V is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 4462

In the long and distant past, when I owned a istDS, I also bought that grip. it works nicely as grip with shutter realease. BUT the build quality is below par. The first time I opened the door to gain access to the istDS's battery compartment, the whole grip fell apart. When I disassembled it, to reattach the springs etc. all the internal plastic threads broke lose and I had to use generous amounts of "liquid metall" (you this glue stuuf, which is a bit like play dough, but hardens ) to completely rebuild the grip. Otherwise the internal cord for the integrated cable realease always got jammed somewhere inside the grip.

All in all a part worth about 40 USD in my personal opinion, and only so, if you are willing to make a DIY project of it.

Ben
Old 08-23-2009   #4
Former Camel

spystyle is a splendid one to beholdspystyle is a splendid one to beholdspystyle is a splendid one to beholdspystyle is a splendid one to beholdspystyle is a splendid one to beholdspystyle is a splendid one to beholdspystyle is a splendid one to beholdspystyle is a splendid one to beholdspystyle is a splendid one to beholdspystyle is a splendid one to beholdspystyle is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 3200
Editing OK?: Yes

I just ordered a Pentax *ist DS in an effort to use manual lenses in a digital body with bright penta-prism.

Do you still have that fixed up grip? I need one
Old 08-23-2009   #5
Guanaco

Ben_V is a splendid one to beholdBen_V is a splendid one to beholdBen_V is a splendid one to beholdBen_V is a splendid one to beholdBen_V is a splendid one to beholdBen_V is a splendid one to beholdBen_V is a splendid one to beholdBen_V is a splendid one to beholdBen_V is a splendid one to beholdBen_V is a splendid one to beholdBen_V is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 4462

Quote:
Originally Posted by spystyle View Post
I just ordered a Pentax *ist DS in an effort to use manual lenses in a digital body with bright penta-prism.

Do you still have that fixed up grip? I need one
Sorry, I sold the grip complete with the istDS a year ago. I kept it as a backup body, but it didn't get any use anymore...

If you have some patience, you can find these grips sometimes for 69 USD on ebay - not by the manufacturer, but some other Korean exporter.

Ben
Old 01-13-2010   #6
Photocamel Master

Dirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorDirk strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 810509
Editing OK?: Ask first

try ebay or search for hähnel they make good grips for a lot of brands..

here is one for example , i think we can all google, bing altavista or use anyu other search engine
http://www.jimscamerasseattle.com/pebagrdforin.html

Closed Thread

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax Forum »

Share this topic: