Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 A09NII
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Other Cameras and Lenses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 8987316
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 A09NII

My wife shoots in her studio and she has been using three lenses almost exclusively for in studio work and for her work shooting our Opera. The lenses she used were an old 35-70 Nikon 2.8, a Nikon 28-85mm 2.8/4 and a Nikon 70-200mm 2.8. Lately the very old 35-70 developed a strange habit of sometimes wanting to autofocus and sometimes not. She did not care for the non fixed aperture of the 28-85mm since she likes to set her lights, he metering and not change for changing apertures. I found a Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 with built in motor US Model with 6 year warranty for a ridiculous small amount and ordered it expecting little. My wife has used it in her studio for three shoots thusfar and she absolutely loves it. Sharp as a tack, the built in motor in the lens seems to have received some criticism for slow and hunting in low light. We have worked with it in all kinds of light and it does the focusing much faster than the screw type focusing on the Nikon lens and is every bit as fast as our AFS lenses. It now has taken a place of honor in the lens storage cabinet and has let the 35-70 and 28-85 have much deserved rest.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
Bactrian

Default Re: Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 A09NII

By the way, the lens has been tested on our D750, D800, D700 and D2X.
jhawk1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 912422

Hopefully you read the negative reviews before you purchased, nothing rankles me more than seeing little inconsistities in a review that add up to big disappointments. Enjoy.
shadowman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
Bactrian

Yes, I did indeed read the negative reviews as well as the accolades and decided that it was probably individual samples. Fortunately, we got a good sample and so there was no need to have big disappointments. By far most of the reviews were good.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Other Cameras and Lenses »

Share this topic: