PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007   #1
Llama

Carol Chan is a jewel in the roughCarol Chan is a jewel in the roughCarol Chan is a jewel in the roughCarol Chan is a jewel in the rough
CamelKarma: 318
Default Ridiculous Starbucks drinks

Who was it that said you can tell how much of an steaming dingleberry someone is by how long it takes him to order a drink at Starbucks?

What's the most bizarre-sounding Starbucks drink you've heard of?

Today I heard something like

double ristretto venti nonfat organic chocolate brownie frrappuccino extra hot

Last edited by jfrancho; 03-19-2007 at 10:39 PM.. Reason: offensive language
Carol Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #2
Alpaca

Alejandro is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 11
Default Re: Ridiculous Starbucks drinks

See that is exactly the reason I don't go to Starbucks. Cheers!
Old 03-30-2007   #3
Llama

happusa is a name known to allhappusa is a name known to allhappusa is a name known to allhappusa is a name known to allhappusa is a name known to allhappusa is a name known to allhappusa is a name known to allhappusa is a name known to allhappusa is a name known to allhappusa is a name known to allhappusa is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 1685

Not many people where I'm at even go to Starbucks. Worst coffee in the world!!

happusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #4
Camel Breath

aam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 807448
Editing OK?: Ask first

Starbucks is the new McDonald's
aam1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #5
Vicuna

drichi is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 11

Yea, I remember how it was before Starbucks in the States. In most places you might get something like Maxwell House and have to dump a pound of sugar and cream in it to kill the taste.

Then I came to Japan. You could go to Dotours---a coffee shop---and get coffee with no coffee flavor. In fact, no identifiable flavor at all. Or "American blend" which is as sour as Maxwell House, but weakened so much don't notice. And you got to pay more than you do for Starbucks too. Or I could go to a specialty shop here where grampa roasted his own beans from Italy and pay over six bucks (1995) for a maybe 100 ml cup.

Starbucks the worst coffee in the world? Of course. That's why they became so successful. Most people are too stupid to get the really good stuff, unlike a few of us rather knowledgeable folks.

It is sorta like Microsoft. Terrible computers. Fortunately, Apple make Macs for the smarter among us. http://cache.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/iProduct.gif
Old 03-30-2007   #6
Camel Breath

aam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armoraam1234 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor

I don't think their coffee is bad (IMO), but definitely hate their espresso. It tastes like it was made in a factory, has kind of a plasticky taste to it (don't know how describe it better).

My Nespresso machine, with its capsules, makes much better espresso. Though the purists won't like that either
aam1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #7
Photocamel Master

brian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 10673

I'm not much of a foo-foo coffee drink kinda guy. Good ole' diner coffee always suits me best.
Old 03-30-2007   #8
Alpaca

wallisj is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aam1234 View Post
I don't think their coffee is bad (IMO), but definitely hate their espresso. It tas
My Nespresso machine, with its capsules, makes much better espresso. Though the purists won't like that either

Since espresso forms the basis of all their drinks ... and you're most definitely right to think theirs is bad.. it means that most of the their drinks are bad by definition.

And yes....don't get a purest (myself included in that catagory) started on n'espresso, senseo and all the other pod/capsule based drinks machines

And since this is a photo forum ... and a coffee topic

Email me and check out My Zenfolio Gallery
Zenfolio Discount Code: TWF-CUK-5EQ
wallisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #9
senses working overtime

Paul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPaul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPaul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPaul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPaul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPaul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPaul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPaul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPaul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPaul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorPaul Shields strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 401964
Editing OK?: Yes

I much prefer Cafe Nero to Starbucks (not sure if they have them outside the UK). Excellent coffee, though you do get the odd person who orders something just like Carol described. One thing that's been on my to-do list for ages is to get a proper espresso machine. I just love the smell of napalm coffee in the morning.
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #10
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian.austin View Post
foo-foo coffee
I like that description.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: