PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2007   #1
Bactrian

Kevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 398325
Default Entering Regional Competition Tomorrow

# 1 An Evening Bloom at Camp Lake

# 2 Urban Shadows

# 3 Ionia Abstraction

#4 October Leafscape

#5 Farm along Segwun Rd.

I've run out of time. New job etc., and this particular competition has
a deadline of tomorrow for submissions. I do not have time to frame
up any new work. These are not my 'best' but they're ready to hang.

The holidays wiped my inventory out. Regardless, I'd like to enter
1 or 2 of these into this open competition (not strictly photography).
In other words, I may be competing against paintings, ceramics, sculptures et al..

Interestingly enough, a photographer will be judging all entries.

Please help me out by voting for the 'best' of my
leftovers...

Thanks for your help!

The influence of a well-balanced, well-ordered life is of inestimable value. . . . E.G. White
Kevin Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #2
Photocamel Master

Lee4145 has a brilliant futureLee4145 has a brilliant futureLee4145 has a brilliant futureLee4145 has a brilliant futureLee4145 has a brilliant futureLee4145 has a brilliant futureLee4145 has a brilliant futureLee4145 has a brilliant futureLee4145 has a brilliant futureLee4145 has a brilliant futureLee4145 has a brilliant future
CamelKarma: 15128
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Entering Regional Competition Tomorrow

Seems like you've covered all bases with these 5. They all seem equally well done so it's going to come down to the judge's personal taste.

I like the Leafscape best, followed by the Farm. Good luck!

Project4145

Lee4145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #3
Camel Breath

JDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorJDArt strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 2120136
Editing OK?: Yes

I have to go with #4. All are nice.
JDArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

Mr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 4089114
Editing OK?: Ask First

Here is my thoughts...

#1: Go with this if the judge likes B&W or mono-toned images. It has strong tones and a nice feel to it that color photos can not touch. It is so different, it will get noticed.

#2: Go with this if the judge likes strong lines. Especially parallel or perpendicular lines, especially on diagonal lines. It helps that this has one color to offset the black shadows and white highlights.

#3: Go with this if the judge likes abstracts. The two color simple image with simple lines will speak volumes to him/her.

#4: Go with this if the judge likes "placement" shots. Seriously, it is nice, but looks like you took at least two leaves and put them there. You may have put the lady bug there too. Then you spilled water drops on it. A nice composition and all, but others will beat you.

#5: Go with this if the judge likes snapshots. Seriously, it is a nice scene, but it looks more like a snapshot than the other fine images you have presented here.
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #5
Camel Breath

cyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorcyclohexane strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1097864

I like the leafscape. My second choice would be the stair shadows.
Old 02-08-2007   #6
Camel Breath

jfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 4939

I chose the first, but 1, 2, and 3 seem to have the most appeal in an "overall sense" - not just photography. In general I look at art in two ways, either it speaks to me in some way, or it fits the decor of my home. Sometimes both happens, when a certain piece speaks to me and influences the decor of the room I display it.
Old 02-08-2007   #7
Camel Breath

Mr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorMr. Pickles strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 4089114
Editing OK?: Ask First

Yeah, what JFrancho said.
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007   #8
Russ Holmes

FocusingOnFlorida is a glorious beacon of lightFocusingOnFlorida is a glorious beacon of lightFocusingOnFlorida is a glorious beacon of lightFocusingOnFlorida is a glorious beacon of lightFocusingOnFlorida is a glorious beacon of lightFocusingOnFlorida is a glorious beacon of lightFocusingOnFlorida is a glorious beacon of lightFocusingOnFlorida is a glorious beacon of lightFocusingOnFlorida is a glorious beacon of lightFocusingOnFlorida is a glorious beacon of lightFocusingOnFlorida is a glorious beacon of light
CamelKarma: 1583
Editing OK?: Yes

I really like #4 October Leafscape. Good luck with that.

Web - http://www.focusingonflorida.com
MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/russellholmesphotography

editing allowed, comments always welcome!
FocusingOnFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007   #9
Bactrian

Kevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorKevin Barrett strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 398325

I entered:

# 1 An Evening Bloom at Camp Lake
# 2 Urban Shadows

Today, now I have to wait to see if they are even accepted. Stiff competition this year.
Oh well, I have to get ready for the April show now.

The influence of a well-balanced, well-ordered life is of inestimable value. . . . E.G. White
Kevin Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: