PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2007   #1
dc2
Photocamel Master

dc2 is a jewel in the roughdc2 is a jewel in the roughdc2 is a jewel in the rough
CamelKarma: 290
Default ? For the computer experts.

I am always losing my internet connection when it rains , Why ?
And how can I stop it with out moving to a dry country

Feel free to edit any of my photos<br />All comments welcome and appreciated<br />London England<br />Canon 1Ds2<br />I lost faith in religion as a child when I saw a lightning conductor being fitted to the local church.
RSPB Member.
dc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

Jason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 61045
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: ? For the computer experts.

Switch to cable if you have dsl If you have cable you'll prolly have to call the guy. Telephone cable has whats called air dryer's that force air into the cable to keep water out, but allot of time water still gets in the cable in isolated area's like neighborhoods and stuff. If you call them, there is not much they can do because its water and it Will go away and come back next time it rains.

Good luck

Jay

SonyAlphaLab.com
Now On Google+

Jason Hermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #3
Camel Breath

jfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 4939
Editing OK?: No

Jay, that's something I never knew. Does it make a difference if your very close to fiber?
Old 01-22-2007   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

Jason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very niceJason Hermann is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 61045

jfranco,

Yes it does. The shorter the cable pair loop length (meaning from you the customer to the fiber) The less loss on the cable pair (copper) and therfore better speeds. On DSL that is.

The cable company has the same concept of loss, but its a Much bigger gauge copper cable so its not as finicky as Phone company DSL.

Jay

SonyAlphaLab.com
Now On Google+

Jason Hermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #5
Camel Breath

jfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to beholdjfrancho is a splendid one to behold
CamelKarma: 4939
Editing OK?: No

I guess that explains my good performance on a cable connection. Interesting, thanks.
Old 01-22-2007   #6
dc2
Photocamel Master

dc2 is a jewel in the roughdc2 is a jewel in the roughdc2 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Worm324
Feel free to edit any of my photos<br />All comments welcome and appreciated<br />London England<br />Canon 1Ds2<br />I lost faith in religion as a child when I saw a lightning conductor being fitted to the local church.
RSPB Member.
Old 01-22-2007   #7
F1 Camel

badpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to allbadpickev is a name known to all
CamelKarma: 1676

if you have dsl check to see if the phone line is grounded right. i losy my phone and dsl when it rained. there was no ground and it shorted out.
Phoenix 100, 650-1300& Sima 100mm F2 SF
Sigma 12-24, 18-50 HSM, 18-125, 50-500, 70-300, 120-300, 1.4X 2x
Tamron 28-75
badpickev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #8
Photocamel Master

brian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud ofbrian.austin has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 10673
Editing OK?: Ask first

I'd check the connections at the house and confirm they are tight and out of the weather. If not, get some silicon sealant and coat the connection points. WAIT UNTIL IT'S DRY prior to doing this, though. You don't want to seal in moisture.

Use silicon, though, and NOT caulk. Silicon is easy to peel off and won't stick to the connections too much.
Old 01-23-2007   #9
dc2
Photocamel Master

Thanks guys.
RSPB Member.
Old 02-07-2007   #10
F1 Camel

Sidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorSidebyte strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 1196923

I have the same problem, rains a lot in the tropics. In my case, it's the telephone company that has the service deteriorate when it rains, 25 miles of old wiring is the problem. I am just waiting for Satellite internet service.

Adolph Hitler
Sidebyte is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: