Who likes Mitt Romney here? - Page 33
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photos of the Week Photos of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

View Poll Results: Who likes Mitt Romney here?
I like him 91 47.64%
I like the other guy 80 41.88%
Other (explain) 20 10.47%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012   #321
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 24299
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Who likes Mitt Romney here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryphonslair99 View Post
Let me connect the dots for you.
1 some states want to require ID to vote.
2 congress can make rules/laws on voting trumping state laws.
3 congress could require all voters have ID to vote.
4 national ID could be the simple uniform ticket to such a law and congress has the power to do so.

Try and keep up here please.
Just yesterday there was a piece on a 50 year old woman in Mass. trying to get her voter ID. She didn't have a drivers lience, doesn't drive. It took her 4 hours before finaly get it. She had to stand in line with all those getting driver permits, licences, and other misc things. Two different sets of forms to fill out (each time having to get back in line), and this is in the city. What about those in outlieing areas? There are hundreds of thousands of people just like her and the state has made it as difficult as possible to get a voter ID. In some of these states that voted for 40 or 50 years that don't have driver licences or even a birth record of any kind. Up until the 1950s/1960s a lot of people were not born in hospitals or even had a doctor present. Many of these people have lived in their small towns or local areas for 40 years or more are well known to everyone yet they will not be able to vote. This is what the Republicians are counting on since most of these people vote Demacrat.

Dwight
dmthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #322
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466

Quote:
Originally Posted by prohobo View Post
It could be argued that all that refers to is the holding of elections(times, dates, acceptable ballot designs) but says nothing about regulating voters, and since any power not given specifically to the federal government is, by default, given to the states... then you could say the states have the power to regulate the voters.
It could be argued that Mitt Romney has a brain, but he has just proven that wrong at a little dinner.

It could be argued that the earth is flat and is the center of the universe.

it could be argued that al qaeda is a peace loving social club.

It could be argued that there is no Cosa Nostra, in fact J. Edgar did so.

A lot of things could be argued. Not successfully, but argued.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #323
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1361723
Editing OK?: Ask First

I can’t believe you folks. Idiots who claim there is no evidence of voter fraud need look no further than Acorn… the Organizer in Chief’s favorite employer. Even If I were to accept the arguments that supposedly exonerate Acorn and lay the blame on the employees of the organization, which I do not, it is ridiculous to argue we should not attempt to prevent voter fraud. There are millions upon millions of illegal immigrants in this country who some say should be treated just like citizens (and guess who they would vote for). The Pole tax argument is laughable. While you all have been spewing your hysterical cries of injustice against the poor I did a little research. It seems the main argument against the ID is that the facilities set up to accommodate the need to provide ID’s to those who do not have them are in cities, thereby disenfranchising the poor folks who live in the country. Guess what, the folks who live in the cities are the constituents of those who claim others are being disenfranchised…. Does that make sense to you? Use your brains folks.. Look at the facts and the record and reject the garbage. You should start here:On the Record with Barack Obama

I appreciate your comments.... Always.
Medowlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #324
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medowlark View Post
I canít believe you folks. Idiots who claim there is no evidence of voter fraud need look no further than AcornÖ the Organizer in Chiefís favorite employer. Even If I were to accept the arguments that supposedly exonerate Acorn and lay the blame on the employees of the organization, which I do not, it is ridiculous to argue we should not attempt to prevent voter fraud. There are millions upon millions of illegal immigrants in this country who some say should be treated just like citizens (and guess who they would vote for). The Pole tax argument is laughable. While you all have been spewing your hysterical cries of injustice against the poor I did a little research. It seems the main argument against the ID is that the facilities set up to accommodate the need to provide IDís to those who do not have them are in cities, thereby disenfranchising the poor folks who live in the country. Guess what, the folks who live in the cities are the constituents of those who claim others are being disenfranchisedÖ. Does that make sense to you? Use your brains folks.. Look at the facts and the record and reject the garbage. You should start here:On the Record with Barack Obama
Pretty sad, having to beg to get people to respond to your thread.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #325
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 24745703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medowlark View Post
It seems the main argument against the ID is that the facilities set up to accommodate the need to provide IDís to those who do not have them are in cities, thereby disenfranchising the poor folks who live in the country. Guess what, the folks who live in the cities are the constituents of those who claim others are being disenfranchised
You assume too much, I live in the country, but I am still among those who are concerned about how the voter ID requirements are being implemented. I am equally concerned about those who live in the city as those who live in the country. In fact, most of the stories I have been hearing are about city folk having difficulties. Where you live does not make that much of a difference. If you can't get around (don't drive, are disabled, old, in a nursing home, etc.; have difficulty obtaining the necessary documents; and/or work during the hours the ID places are open.

Ceropegia on Flicker
ceropegia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #326
F1 Camel

Quote:
Pretty sad, having to beg to get people to respond to your thread.
You've just made my point.. There is no response to the facts and the record.

Old 09-18-2012   #327
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceropegia View Post
You assume too much, I live in the country, but I am still among those who are concerned about how the voter ID requirements are being implemented. I am equally concerned about those who live in the city as those who live in the country. In fact, most of the stories I have been hearing are about city folk having difficulties. Where you live does not make that much of a difference. If you can't get around (don't drive, are disabled, old, in a nursing home, etc.; have difficulty obtaining the necessary documents; and/or work during the hours the ID places are open.
Once again, you totally miss the point. City dwellers are more likely to vote Liberal.. part of the reason is that is where the support services are most plentiful. So you have to accept an altruistic argument from the liberal side of the aisle or the reality that liberals really don't want voter ID (could they have some other reason?)

Old 09-18-2012   #328
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 26034

Quote:
It could be argued that Mitt Romney has a brain, but he has just proven that wrong at a little dinner.

It could be argued that the earth is flat and is the center of the universe.

it could be argued that al qaeda is a peace loving social club.

It could be argued that there is no Cosa Nostra, in fact J. Edgar did so.

A lot of things could be argued. Not successfully, but argued.
Damn... could you reach any further?
prohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #329
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 24745703

Chew on this. I just voted in a special election today. We are a no photo ID state (we will become a photo one in 2014 if clearance is given under Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act). A big sign on the door said ID required. No one there knew me, no one asked for my ID, and I did not offer it. Enlightening to say the least. Laws can require voters to have IDs, but they won't be very effective if voters aren't asked to produce them and they can also lay the foundation for abuse, if requests to produce them are selectively applied. And, geez, I wonder how much forgers will charge to make phony IDs. So forget photo ID's. Let's just go high tech. Require registered voters to have eye scans. Scan their eyes at the door to the polling place. Anyone whose eye doesn't match one in the database or has already been recorded for the day will not be able to enter (unless of course someone sneaks them in through the back). Obviously then people who aren't registered can't vote and those registered cannot vote twice. Fool proof fraud prevention. Think again, the greatest potential for fraud really happens after polls close. Ballots disappear, ballots are counted twice, ballot boxes are stuffed, legitimate ballots are corrupted making them invalid, and, God only knows, now that things are going electronic, in some states without even a paper backup, what hackers and other computer gurus may be able to accomplish. No, in the overall scheme of things, the impact of individually cast fraudulent votes, pales.

Ceropegia on Flicker
ceropegia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #330
Llama

CamelKarma: 90049
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
It could be argued that all that refers to is the holding of elections(times, dates, acceptable ballot designs) but says nothing about regulating voters, and since any power not given specifically to the federal government is, by default, given to the states... then you could say the states have the power to regulate the voters.
I would say it could barely be argued. The "manner" in which the elections are held would imply that what ever ID was needed could be determined by the fed. Something for the SCOTUS I guess.

Quote:
Non-existent must mean different things to me and you...
You got me there, I should have said relatively non-existant. Most of the links you provided were about voter registration. Some of the ACORN workers were trying to meet the quota and broke the law and should be prosecuted but these fake registered voters didn't vote because they didn't exist. Actual convicted voter fraud that would be stopped by these new regs in the states that have enacted or are trying to enact them, is very close to zero and in some states is zero. When you compare that to the number of real voters that would be disenfranchised, it's really negligible.

The truth about voter fraud: Debunking the allegations., page 1

PolitiFact Texas | Greg Abbott says state proved in court that more than 200 dead people voted in the latest Texas elections

PolitiFact Wisconsin | Wisconsin state Sen. Scott Fitzgerald says some people have been found to be voting five or six times a day

PolitiFact Florida | Mickey Mouse was registered to vote in Florida, Republican House member claims

PolitiFact Florida | Are shark attacks more common than voter fraud in Florida?

Photo ID flap is 'much ado' - Bob Roper - Commentary | The Columbia Daily Tribune - Columbia, Missouri

"If it sounds good, it is good." Duke Ellington

~ Reeflections Gallery ~ fine art photography prints
Reeflections is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: